corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Weird problem - US keyboard -> UK on a domain?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weird problem - US keyboard -> UK on a domain?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Sep 08 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stupid fucking microsoft and their US roots.

My whole network is set to a US keyboard. No fucking good when my network has UK keyboards

Now, if i log on as administrator, change it to UK setup and log out, log back in as admin all is fine and the @ sign is in the right place.

But, if I log in as anyone else (I assume becuase they have a profile that is streamed from the server), back to US setting.

How do I change this? TIA
Neo

25th Sep 08 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

um....you tried deleting the US keyboard, which defaults it to UK. When you press ok it says you cant remove us but leaves uk as default.

Is this on each machine or just on the server ?
pow
Premium Member

25th Sep 08 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Each machine mikey
pow
Premium Member

25th Sep 08 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, found the registry value that changes this, how do I deploy a reg change via a batchfile?
deano87

25th Sep 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CtrlAltDelete
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Sep 08 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not set up ntuser.dat / ntuser.man to the UK keyboard settings are resave the ntuser.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
pow
Premium Member

25th Sep 08 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniel, eh?

INSTRUCTIONS
======================
Step 1: Save the above code as keyboard.adm file into the folder C:Windows\inf on the server

Step 2: Create and link a new GPO (call it something like “Keyboard Layout”)

Step 3: Edit the Keyboard Layout GPO

Step 4: In the Group Policy Editor Window; under User Configuration, right click Administrative Templates and choose Add Template

Step 5: select the keyboard.adm template and click OK until you are returned to the Group Policy Editor window

Step 6: with Templates still selected on the left hand side, select view from the toolbar, and filtering

Step 7: make sure the bottom 2 tick boxes (“only show configured policy settings” and “only show policy settings that can be fully managed”) are un-ticked

Step 8: Browse to the following setting (using the view on the left hand side) User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Custom Settings > Keyboard Layout

Step 9: Enable the policy setting listed on the right hand side (“Set UK Keyboard Layout”)

btw

New Poll