corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Just bought some of this...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bought some of this...
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
   6th Oct 08 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/2809/1/PhD-Nutrition-Synergy-Iso7-4.4lb-/-2kg-+-FREE-SHAKER.html

PhD Synergy

Has anyone ever used it? heard loads of good reviews about it I went for the choc cookie flavour
AdZ9

7th Oct 08 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use the PhD Pharma Whey in Choc Cookie flavour, it's very nice one of the best mixing protein powders i've had. It's a realy fine powder, mixes with no lumps or bad taste, it mixes the same with water as it does with milk which is a nice bonus

I use the whey though as i prefer to supplement bulking powders/creatine separately so i can control it better.
Jamescorsa97

9th Oct 08 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking abut giving the Phd a whirl as I can't get away with only liking the strawberry flavour that reflex make. The rest Don't taste so good.

Juts gotta have a look a the nutritional values and hope it gives the same.

What other flavours u tried Ad?
AdZ9

9th Oct 08 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most whey powders will give you the same amount roughly, so don't matter about that much as its only really 1g or so difference.

I've tried alot of flavours, and I can only really stomach chocolate ones, i've had:
- Maximuscle Pro-Max Strawberry (was alright, not amazing though)
- Reflex (Chocolate and also Chocolate Mint, which i've used the most out of all)
- CNP - Strawberry/Wild Berry type flavour (i didn't like it)
- ON 100% Whey (Tried Chocolate Cookie, Rocky Road, both nice)
- PhD Pharma Whey Chocolate cookie (This is what i'm using now and I like it alot, good amount of protein, reasonable price, currently £34 on monstersupps for 5kg and free shaker. Mixes well and tastes just as good with water.)

It all depends on personal pref though mate, you could pop down to GNC (if you have one local) and buy some single pot ones and try some diff ones. Although I usually just down it in a few seconds its still nice to enjoy it
Jamie

9th Oct 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a good price

I just got same size unflavoured from myprotein for £27 delivered
AdZ9

9th Oct 08 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah add that to my list, i've tried Myprotein unflavoured and I didn't like it, think it was a mental thing that it was unflavoured etc!
I also still have and use Myprotein Bedtime Extreme which is a blend of slow release proteins etc.

Also tried Nutrisport 90+ in Chocolate and Banana, didn't like them very much. They're good though as its a blend of again casein protein and whey
Jamie

9th Oct 08 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only ever had unflavoured so as long as it mixes well i'll be happy

Starting a cycle of creatine mono in a weeks time, planning on loading - tho this may change the more I read into it
radicalry00

9th Oct 08 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently using phd synergy pre and post workout. I usually have it with water but it tastes lovely with milk. I bought vanilla flavour (as I already have strawberry whey and chocolate milk protein)

I didn't think I'd be too keen on vanilla but it's a thumbs up from me

[Edited on 09-10-2008 by radicalry00]
AdZ9

9th Oct 08 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm mid drinking a pharma whey shake now. Just had my afternoon dose of Ephedrine too, using it this next week as the mrs is on the blob, so the effect eph has on me where it makes my knob lose its hard on easily means i can use it this week as i won't be using it anyway!

After i get back from week away with mrs i'll be doing a 5month bulk, will be using CEE, and maybe try the PhD synergy too. God i can't wait to get back to eating a proper diet and no restricted calories!
Wrighty

10th Oct 08 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been using synergy for months, iv probably seen my best gains with synergy but i can now get Reflex whey cheaper from my mate so im taking that now
AdZ9

10th Oct 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with Reflex Whey you'll have to supplement carbs or eat carbs with the shake, otherwise you won't get as good gains as if i remember correctly Synergy is a mass shake so it has 30-40g of carbs in too?
radicalry00

10th Oct 08 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Synergy has 18g of carbs per serving. So if you were having it twice a day then you're now getting about 36g less carbs than you were. Just try having about 60g of oats or something in one of your shakes.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Just bought some of this... 24 database queries in 0.0090489 seconds