corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Braking problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Braking problem
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
14th Oct 08 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brakes are not working properly on my corsa.

Im running c20let,f28 with con shafts and bigger cv's, 2.0 brakes

Now when driving along very slowly and press the brake its like the brake pedal is almost solid and wont push down and you can hear a slight grinding noise, you have to take ur foot off the brake and then apply pressure again.

The car has abs and the light is on. Thought it was down to a missing abs ring on the passenger side outer cv but have replaced that but light is still on.

Now the disks are not secured to the hubs the way they should be, there is a snapped off bolt in both hubs so they are held on by haveing the wheel on tight.

Would this cause a problem to braking as I would have thought when the wheel is on it would be ok as it seems on good and tight, also would this throw up an abs fault causing the light.
Dan Lewis

User status: Offline
14th Oct 08 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bolt holding the discs on wouldnt affect it like that i believe all that screw does is to help to align the wheel bolts.

New Poll