corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » eBuyer.com "Next Day Delivery"

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBuyer.com "Next Day Delivery"
deano87

User status: Offline
14th Oct 08 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bit of a heads up really. I ordered a new PSU for my PC on eBuyer on Sunday. I kind of needed it urgently and was tempted to pay £9.99 for next day delivery, meaning I'll get it on Tuesday (today).

But I thought naaa, I'll just opt for Free Delivery 5 Working Days.

It's currently sitting on the Initial City Link van to be delivered today

So yeah, just choose free delivery if it's available. This isn't the first time this has happened from there either!
andy1868

14th Oct 08 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same happens with us with computer 2000. we used to order stuff to come before 12, until the driver said not to bother as he has to pick up stuff at 11am every day just around the corner, so is always here before 12 legend
_Allan_

14th Oct 08 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same with Amazon. It generally comes quite quickly anyway providing it's in stock.
deano87

14th Oct 08 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazon has been wank lately for me though. Estimated delivery date 7 working days after order date etc.
Robbo

14th Oct 08 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazons delivery is shocking unless u pay the eartyh IMO
ed

14th Oct 08 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same every time for me on Ebuyer. You get next day whether you like it or not in most cases
dave17

14th Oct 08 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep i got the same with my monitor and external HDD
Doug

14th Oct 08 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time I did this is took 5 days
MarkM

14th Oct 08 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Play.com seems to have slowed...

It used to be 48 hrs max from your order...couple of weeks ago I ordered a memory card for my phone on the Friday at midday...it didnt come till the following Thursday...

Although its free delivery so I cant complain...but remember it being a lot quicker...
22B

14th Oct 08 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to use ebuyer a lot (5 years ago I found out about them), sometimes they will deliver stuff quicker than expected, but there was also plenty of times when stuff in a group order wouldnt turn up and a replacement (normally worse item is sent) after trying to get hold of them.

Chasing ebuyer up can be a nightmare, as they used to have no phone number and everything was done through email, dont know what its like now but I wouldnt order in bulk from them again.
Mad Moe

14th Oct 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always found with ebuyer if you place your order before mid afternoon you seem to get it the next morning even when you set it to free delivery
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Oct 08 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I order from scan I pay a little extra for next day delivery and its allways on time.
deano87

14th Oct 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
I used to use ebuyer a lot (5 years ago I found out about them), sometimes they will deliver stuff quicker than expected, but there was also plenty of times when stuff in a group order wouldnt turn up and a replacement (normally worse item is sent) after trying to get hold of them.

Chasing ebuyer up can be a nightmare, as they used to have no phone number and everything was done through email, dont know what its like now but I wouldnt order in bulk from them again.

Having said that, they replaced my HDD when I broke it well, broke the connector, snapped a plastic bit. But I've removed HDD's loads so put it down to a faulty shit HDD!
22B

14th Oct 08 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by 22B

Having said that, they replaced my HDD when I broke it well, broke the connector, snapped a plastic bit. But I've removed HDD's loads so put it down to a faulty shit HDD!

Ive had a few faulty items such as memory and they replaced them no problem. My friend also ordered the wrong motherboard for his processor and they did a straight swap for the right board no problems. Just seems when ordering in bulk they tend to mess things up.

I think a lot of the stock comes from elsewhere, as with a few parts Ive received theyve left the invoice from where it originally came from and with the original price at which they bought it for.

New Poll