corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Ignition Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ignition Problem
WMCMoo

User status: Offline
   28th Oct 08 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi People !

need some help, in march i had a cheap alarm fitted by a mates mates mate ,, when he complete the works he said he had a problem and couldnt start the car properly ,, for that i didnt have to pay him ,, the only way i could start the car was with the alarms engine start feature,,

heres the problem ,, for some reason the car will not start with Engine Start the alarm just keeps going off,,

so my next point of call is to fix the ignition,, it looks like a right bodge the engine is turning over, but nothing else think theres now spark ?

heres a pic of my ignition barrel side

[Edited on 28-10-2008 by WMCMoo]
Mr Turner

28th Oct 08 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant see the picture mate, try uploading it again, does sound like a bodge, i would disconect the whole alarm system and have the car back as it was before the alarm was fitted and see if it starts
WMCMoo

28th Oct 08 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno what to do,,

can you see this ?
Mr Turner

28th Oct 08 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i can see that mate, and what a mess, they should have all been soldered, anyway i still think you should take the alarm off and start again, see if the car starts then, if not it could be a problem with the coil pack or a number of things

New Poll