corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Sam Allardyce to Nottingham Forest?...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sam Allardyce to Nottingham Forest?...
Marc

User status: Offline
26th Nov 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now bearing in mind I've just read this in the Daily Mail, and the fact its not on the BBC or Sky websites it could be utter bollocks!

I still think Newcastle got rid too soon and he proved he was a good manager at Bolton getting them in to the top 5. I think its very doubtful should he take over that he'll keep Forest up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1089471/EXCLUSIVE-Sam-Allardyce-poised-Nottingham-Forest-rescue-act.html
MatthewR

26th Nov 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant see him taking that job imo
Danny P

26th Nov 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently hes in the running for the Hudders job
Bram

26th Nov 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was rumoured a few weeks ago to, apparently Florists are due to be taken over by foreign inverstors too?
richard_cooper

28th Nov 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont expect to see big sam, and i hope he does not come here.

Big talk around here is that if we dont beat Bransley tomorrow Colin Calderwood will be gone, and so he should be. The talk is that Billy Davis we get the job, and he would be the best man for the job IMO.

Look what he did for Derby with a team that had very very little talent in it.
C2RL R

1st Dec 08 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Allardyce was a great manager for us and i'd have him back right now over Megson.
phil_mcrakkin

1st Dec 08 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
Allardyce was a great manager for us and i'd have him back right now over Megson.

Wow another Bolton fan on here other than me. Despite us having a good streak at the mo, I still want Megson out. It won't happen anytime soon though. Allardyce was a total legend for Bolton and would do good for any lower league club. He brought top class players in on loans and free transfers with great experience which is what Forest might need.

Do you get yourself to many games at all mate? Last one I was at was up in Hull. Thinking of going to Aston Villa away though in two weeks.
C2RL R

2nd Dec 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been a bit of an armchair fan lately mate. not been at all this season and only went to 3 last season. i had a season ticket for 7 seasons before that though.

i agree totally with the Megson comments mate.......fair enough we have won 4/5 but thats what we'd be expecting to do under Allardyce. I still think Megson is better than Sammy Lee though. Biggest problem we have is that prick Gartside.
Danny P

2nd Dec 08 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taken from out local paper forum:

quote:

Sam Allardyce is set to become the new town manager. Allardyce and Hoyle have been in talks since Ternents departure. Allardyce has been in communications with Huddersfield today via video confrence disscussing the final parts of his contract in a bid to have it finalised before saturdays game. The issue that they are trying to work through is his backroom staff as Allardyce has requested more funding to pay for a larger coaching team than town have had previously. Allardyce stated his intent on Building a new football team during a interview to the Times newspaper on the 22/11 stating “There is time to wait for the right opportunity to build another football club. I miss management and look forward to getting back to it". He wants to do what he has done all through his career by gaining promotion and developing a small club

Ummmm

But then on Sky Sports News its saying it will be Lee Clarke, and some folk are convinced it will be Nigel Atkins.

I just wish we'd hurry up and appoint someone, all these stories are doing my head in
Danny P

4th Dec 08 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Sam Allardyce to Nottingham Forest?... 24 database queries in 0.0152519 seconds