corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » induction kit or drilled airbox?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author induction kit or drilled airbox?
Rich H

User status: Offline
4th Dec 08 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2_Scotty
quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
unclip the bit at the bottom of the airbox and don't drill it at all. Thats what I did

When you did that did it make any sound difference rich?

This is on my old B I'm talking about btw, but yes, big time! It sounded class

I did a similar style hole in the bottom of a spare C airbox I had by cutting a big lump out, that sounded bloody loud but had huge flat spots!
Gareth F

4th Dec 08 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went for a viper as its quiet. Does anyone else think a massive induction roar on anything lower than a 2l seem pointless? as it draws peoples attension to you thrashing your car but at the same time being done by a milk float. Just makes me laugh imo
ruse19830

4th Dec 08 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alreet. i've got a corsa b and recently de restricted the air box bought a k&n panel filter and drilled the air intake out to 70 mm and fitted a larger cold air feed. it seems marginally more tourqey and i dont get any of that crap grunt that you get from cone filters. next step is a racing centre tube and then i should feel the benefit
Gareth F

4th Dec 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

racing centre doesnt do much
I had one and got rid of it, save up like i did and get a s/s full system with decat
Inlet manifold next .......... if i can find one
ruse19830

4th Dec 08 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i deffo have to agree about the loud induction roar. i think it just makes the driver look like a c**k. theres no need draw attention to yourself. if your motor is modded well it will speak for its self
ruse19830

4th Dec 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wanna keep it lookin standard but do performance mods only . generally improve the handling and power without spending big b ucks
20valver
Banned

6th Dec 08 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ruse19830
alreet. i've got a corsa b and recently de restricted the air box bought a k&n panel filter and drilled the air intake out to 70 mm and fitted a larger cold air feed. it seems marginally more tourqey and i dont get any of that crap grunt that you get from cone filters. next step is a racing centre tube and then i should feel the benefit

have you done any throttle body/ inlet and exhaust manifold mods

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » induction kit or drilled airbox? 23 database queries in 0.3210180 seconds