corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 172

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio 172
Fad

User status: Offline
15th Dec 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very Nice Ecka!

You running Coillies?

quote:
Originally posted by jr
on the issues arent they known for engine mounts falling off etc, andy h's mate eat 3 of them iirc

and we have an ex renault tech here at work who backs up that claim too

there a small french hot hatch, the build quality should be the least reason for buying one

Only on early phase 1's as all phase 2s have the dog bone mount.

And as for the people claiming belts this and bollocks, some Clios are prone to problems and some are not just like any VW/BMW\Vauxhall.

Only problem I have had with mine is its done a pair of top mounts but I think thats down to the fact its get used hard.

Actually can't wait to take mine to the Ring next year.

Will end up doing over 30k miles in a year of ownership and its treated me well as I have spent the money servicing it and looking after it.
Ecka

15th Dec 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na mate, just 40mm springs with the cup shocks, its very bumpy tho! coilover on Aberdeens roads wouldnt last long Take it your a member of cs.net?

Ive had my cup for 1 year now and 16k of hard driving! Warm up the car well before some b road action and service it regularly and it will be fine
richc

15th Dec 08 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Meh, i blew my head gasket, that was my fault, over-revving all the time, thats what causes the HG on the 1.4 to fail a lot. Oil pump, mine went, but i had a the earlier paper gasket, which i think your's will have come with. Replacement was differnet. Dunno why you sumped leaked though?

[Edited on 12-12-2008 by VXR]

My x14xe paper headgasket went on 106k ( I had just turned 17 by about a couple of weeks when i had my license and gave it death everywhere for like 700 mile a week so no wonder). Other than that, had Never had any other problems with the engine, on 122k now and still going strong. Been all around europe, around the tracks, up santa pod etc

It hasnt head a easy life one bit, yes i do changed the oil alot and dont cain from cold but i think they are good little engine!

Sorry to hi jack just people started talking about them

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 172 23 database queries in 0.0055921 seconds