corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Image Software & Lens Advice Please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Image Software & Lens Advice Please
Mad Moe

User status: Offline
16th Dec 08 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just decided to make the step up to a DSLR and wondered what software you guys would recommend for tinkering with my shots bearing in mind I am a relative beginner?

Also could anyone advise me on what kind of lens upgrade I should be looking at based on the fact I would mainly focusing and Architectural style shots to begin with. Will the standard 18-55mm lens suffice in the short term?

Any help would be much appreciated
mattk

16th Dec 08 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the most popular software I think is Adbobe Photoshop, I use CS2 but I think you can aquire CS3 or even CS4 now, Id say photoshop is the best though

If you are shooting buildings you may need a wider angle lens such as a 10-20mm a 50mm is always useful to have too for most other things
Mad Moe

16th Dec 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that mate. with regards the lens would you recommend the same brand as your camera or does it really not matter? Still getting my head round everything. Might even do a night class or something to get me started.

[Edited on 16-12-2008 by Mad Moe]
Gaz

16th Dec 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've heard lightroom is much easier to use the CS2/3/4 and will be trying this out as soon as i can get hold of it.
As for a lens - what body (camera) Are you using?
R1CH

16th Dec 08 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used CS3 for a while now, I can't seem to get along with lightroom!
John

16th Dec 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I installed lightroom.
Pointed it to my pictures folder.
After it took about half an hour to look through it I uninstalled it because it was unbelievably slow.

Currently use photoshop cs3, never normally do much to my pictures though, will get cs4 when the master collection version is available.
Ste L

16th Dec 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lightroom's good for archiving, slight edit's, and stuff like that..

photoshop's 100x better for editing
AndyKent

16th Dec 08 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lightroom is awesome. Had to upgrade my laptop RAM to use it fully (only had 1GB to start with) but that didn't cost much.

I now use it to fully keyword, edit, trim and rotate all my images - I only ever use Photoshop for more difficult noise reduction and dust removal etc.

If you're starting out with an DSLR I'd strongly recommend working with Lightroom from the outset, rather than like me having to keyword 3000 photos.
A1EX

17th Dec 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Photoshop is the industry standard pretty much, even as a beginner id recommend you start with photoshop cs2 and upwards, so you can get to know it. Once you do you will never turn to anything else

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Image Software & Lens Advice Please 24 database queries in 0.0123730 seconds