corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newest mod

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newest mod
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 08 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the FMIC and hard pipe kit fitted

Ive had 2 small problems with the car. one was that between 5-7k ish under full acceleration, it was overfuelling like a bitch, spitting flames out the back and not really accelerating all that much (almost like one of the cylinders wasnt firing), the other was that it would completely lose power (engine power, not electrical power) for about 1/2 a second and then just carry on as normal, but it very rarely did that.
Today I replaced all the spark plugs, cleaned the coil packs, put WD40 on the connectors and then took it out for a spin. Fuelling problem seems to be 100% fixed now, accelerates all the way through the rev range with no hesitation, however the intermittant cutting out has become more frequent. Any ideas?!
Aside from that, im loving the car Got far too many plans going through my head which I know I cant afford Tuners that fitted the FMIC said they found some oil in the dump valve so it may be a sign the turbo is on the way out, so ive already been lookin at replacements and upgrades, also an Apexi Power FC ECU. hmmmm. God damnit, and I said I was gonna leave this one standard
LeeM

22nd Dec 08 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new, bigger turbo
Minty_Fresh

22nd Dec 08 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it mapped and setup to get the most of the cooler and running correctly..

now its got the cooler it will feel laggy and less powerful untill its running the correct boost to fill the cooler.. does it feel like the above?

what boost are you running?

[Edited on 22-12-2008 by mk4_boy]
drunkenfool

22nd Dec 08 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH its hard to tell, cos I only got the FMIC fitted on friday, and I did the spark plugs today so now that its accelerating all through the revs, I prob wouldnt notice if it felt a little bit slower in gear. AFAIK its standard boost, but it has an HKS actuator too so I need to get a decent aftermarket boost gauge and find out really.
I think plans are now (apart from saving up first ), 550cc injectors, up boost on standard turbo and a new ECU, then after that get a bigger turbo and map it again for that. I know it would be ideal to do it together, but its a question of money
Adam_B

22nd Dec 08 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it have HT leads? if so prob worth a change to try and sort your mis firing.
Minty_Fresh

22nd Dec 08 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer, plans sound cool..

after doing a little bit now and then, find a decent tuning place near you can get them to check it over i mean because if it starts running lean on a piston (does happen) then it wont be cheap..

my mates 1.8zvh turbo ka was running better then ever, untill it blew a piston (same piston it blew with the cvh turbo engine he had fitted before) all down to the ecu not fueling one cylinder correctly again..

just saying for the sake of £90/100 for a fine tune it may be worth it and can assure your the fine tunes make soo much difference to how the feel/drive

[Edited on 22-12-2008 by mk4_boy]
drunkenfool

22nd Dec 08 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Does it have HT leads? if so prob worth a change to try and sort your mis firing.

Nope, each cylinder has its own splitfire coil. I bought some ultrasonically cleaned stock injectors too, so I may look into fitting them myself if I feel comfortable doing it, otherwise it may be going back to another garage after xmas lol
CorsAsh

22nd Dec 08 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PFCs are a great bit of kit
Andy Stocker

22nd Dec 08 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine used to cut out with a BOV fitted
Mattb

22nd Dec 08 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May be worth checking boost pressures.. they have a fuel cut on them when they boost over 1.0 bar
Pawi

22nd Dec 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are GTR's so difficult to see in Spain?

Love the car.

Donde están mis pegatinas, cabronazo?

Bye,
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Dec 08 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hit the fuel cut on my classic loads when going for it. Over-boosting for some reason. Never bothered fixing it. Only did it when I was REALLY going for it....like a split second of no power and you'd lean forward a bit
drunkenfool

22nd Dec 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
Mine used to cut out with a BOV fitted

The only things that have changed are the FMIC (and driving back from cardiff to hereford, I didnt notice this new problem) and the new spark plugs. Any idea what might be causing it? Are performance spark plugs a must? I got some from the local motor factors using the same part number as the ones I removed, but they arent iridium tipped. I tried everywhere in town and thats all I could find, and I didnt want to drive to cardiff and back with the car overfuelling as much as it was in case it did some damage, so i ended up fitting those spark plugs instead of iridium ones.
drunkenfool

22nd Dec 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
May be worth checking boost pressures.. they have a fuel cut on them when they boost over 1.0 bar

Standard boost gauge is reading just under 700mmHg, but dont know how accurate that is. Ive just bought a blitz Mirror Drive boost gauge as a christmas present to myself though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newest mod 23 database queries in 0.3043590 seconds