corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Council in East Yorkshire

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Council in East Yorkshire
steddy-eddie

User status: Offline
4th Jan 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looking into me and the mrs for getting our names down on council house, im a fully qualified butcher and shes just a student, just wondered from people in east yorkshire if they had much info, like rough prices for a 2bed house, bills etc... and also how long they were on the housing list for
dannymccann

4th Jan 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds controversial but you will be at the bottom of the lsit by the sounds of it - a) you have a job (I assume?) and b) your mrs has access to student accomodation which tends to be cheaper (£300 a month for the room and everything included).....

My 2 cents, so dont take it as gospel
steddy-eddie

4th Jan 09 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well she obnly at college not uni or anything, yeah im a full time butcher, moneys not good, need to know though mrs's parents are moving to a smaller house that they can afford so there wont be no room for me or the mrs
ash_corsa

5th Jan 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quit your job, get the mrs pregnant and and tell them your an imigrant, you'll be in a brand new 3 bed house before you can get down the dole office.
steddy-eddie

5th Jan 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl dont think so looking alot like butch dingle lol
paul.mitchell1984

5th Jan 09 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was 18 when i applied in west yorkshire...had a job earning 9500k a year (1st job) was basically being thrown out by parents and it took them almost a year to find sumwhere, and this wasnt suitable anyway it had about 8 different names on post druggies lived local loads nof needles etc

if you refuse what they offer you go back to bottom of list.

luckily my gparents took me in

May just be worth looking for sumwhere cheap to rent and getting the gf to get a part time job if your both serious about it.
John

5th Jan 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you possibly refuse where they give you if you need a council house.

Should be thrown off the list not put to the bottom.
paul.mitchell1984

5th Jan 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would you live somewhere full of drugies with needles outside the front window? id been moved in with gparents so wasnt that desperate...it took them 12 months to find me sumwhere by which point if they hadnt have taken me in id have been on streets but each to their own i guess
John

5th Jan 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was that or be out on the streets then yes I would, I thought that was the whole point of council houses.
steddy-eddie

6th Jan 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would also just need a place thats all and were we live isnt that bad for druggies and that
chloe16v

9th Jan 09 at 03:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we took the fist council house we was offered, by this time we already had 2 children and was living in a 1 bed flat, we was on the waiting list for 3 years before we got moved, its the worst thing we ever did, we had druggies living all over the estate and we had every window in the house smashed and the day the windows was replaced they would be smashed again just because we was "outsiders" social workers, health visiters, police ect wrote letters to the council telling them it wasnt safe for us to live their and they felt our childrens life was at risk but it still took them over 2 years to move us, but thats just what we have been thru, all im saying is be carefull where u choose to live
steddy-eddie

9th Jan 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the estates were we live now - bridlington - arent that bad the one estate that had a reputation is now from what have heard a good place to live, also have a few friends down there so wouldnt be outsiders as such also they have put cameras everywere up, we have told the council we would allow to live in a few small villages around which are quiet little villages.
John

9th Jan 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've said you'd like to live in a small village

Other people would like that too, so they go out and buy a house in one.

This is one of the many reasons this country is a shambles

[Edited on 09-01-2009 by John]
steddy-eddie

9th Jan 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol well in the areas they had on the list really lol

New Poll