corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » HELP with lense.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP with lense.....
Leo_Foci

User status: Offline
8th Jan 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok i'm confused.

I've been looking to purchase a Sigma 70-300 APO Macro lense for a while now, i have 2 companies in Hull that can do them.... here are the links:

http://www.hiltonphoto.co.uk/products/details/3271.html

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/29861/Show.html?SkuId=29861&tduid=2952db1212fda517343b69cc6536e24d&url=http://www.jessops.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?SkuId=29861

Can anyone tell me if there is any obvious difference here apart from the price. I can't see it myself but a fresh pair of eyes might help!?!

I was planning on buying the one from Hiltons because i dispise Jessops, but hey if its going to be the same lense for cheaper i may just have to bite my tongue on this one!

HELP?
Matt L

8th Jan 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got the same lens from jessops.

and as far as i can see there are no differences
Leo_Foci

8th Jan 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And i thought Hilton's were a decent place, i had alot of time for them!

I might ring them to see if they'll price match! The guys in Jessops in Hull are so rude and don't have time for their customers

[Edited on 08-01-2009 by Leo_Foci]
Leo_Foci

8th Jan 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt,

What camera are you using it on? Got any sample pictures using that lense i can have a look at?
Matt L

8th Jan 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1000d and nopes still yet to use it properly only messed with it so far. was going to be used for track days so i bought it after the track season had finished

[Edited on 08-01-2009 by Matt L]
Leo_Foci

8th Jan 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes that's what i'm looking to use mine for, but again i've sort of been looking over the winter period when there is no track sessions
Adam_B

8th Jan 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lens

At over £50 cheaper i wouldnt really care how much of a nob the guys in the shop are! Track-day sessions are run pretty much all year round, we have just done Elvington Airfield and looking at doing Oulton Park end of Feb. Not sure when the proper race season starts again, it wont be too far away though.
Leo_Foci

8th Jan 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually doing some photography for RAF motorsports because my partner is involved in them.

Been to Ford Fair a couple of times to.
Half Pint

8th Jan 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leo,

Think this is the same lens: http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1008569

[Edited on 08-01-2009 by Half Pint]

[Edited on 08-01-2009 by Half Pint]
mattk

8th Jan 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

warehouse are boss
Leo_Foci

8th Jan 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it would seem that if i buy from Hilton's in Hull i WILL be getting ripped off!

Hmm well i've spoke to Jessop's and got the lens saved for me to pick up on Saturday, so if Hilton's can't price match me, i'm biting my tongue.

Thanks guys

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » HELP with lense..... 24 database queries in 0.0132430 seconds