corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Your thoughts on this ebay issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Your thoughts on this ebay issue
Bart

User status: Offline
12th Jan 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother purchased one of these PCs from Ebay which is imo reasonable value for money.

My brother mainly wanted to game (nothing serious like crysis/farcry 2, mainly warcraft), but on the other hand didnt have a massive amount of money to spend.
Looking at that auction everything seems to be pretty reasonable, and ive just setup windows vista to find it gets a 5.9 in everything except ram which is 5.5 (a reasonable score you might say).

My main gripe is the graphics card, he has sold the PC with a palit (sp) graphics card and not the BFG one shown in the auction.
The description says Ultimate Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 512mb DDR3 PCI-E SLI Dedicated Graphics card which I would agree, the BFG is a reasonable high spec 9800 model, but the palit is a cheaper low cut brand.

The seller shows a number of images, all of which tally up with the computer, but the graphics card doesnt match.
I've spoken with the seller who simply said he batch buys his graphics cards in and never know what brands he'll be using (just a BS story).

I was wondering whether to make a formal winge and moan about it, or whether I should just not bother?
My brother isnt too bothered, but for myself it would really pish me off.

Any comments/suggestions/thoughts?

[Edited on 12-01-2009 by Bart]
Jay

12th Jan 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paypal claim and let them decide
John

12th Jan 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any difference between the models or are you just going on brand names?
Cosmo

12th Jan 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As John says, are there any diff in the specs or just the brand being different?

If the specs are different then item isnt as described and I'd be after getting the correct gpu.
colour_golden

13th Jan 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BFG are a far better quality build and they have life time warranty as far as i remember. Price wise there is about £40-50 difference depending on where you buy from.

roblem is, he doesnt actually state its a BFG card in the machine, just says its a Nvidia chipset which could be put on a brand name card.

I'd paypal it on the basis of the picture, he shouldnt have posted it if it wasnt supplied, or put a notice saying it wasnt a BFG card.

The specs (if the correct cards) are slightly different but only marginly.

Palit - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_9800gtx_plus/4.htm
BFG - http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/6170273/BFG-GeForce-9800-GTX+-OC-512MB-PCI-Express-2-0-x16-Graphics-Card/Product.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-PC-_-Components-_-BFG%2BGeForce%2B9800%2BGTX%2B%2BOC%2B%2F%2B512MB%2B%2F%2BPCI%2BExpress%2B2.0%2Bx16%2B%2F%2BGraphics%2BCard&source=5066&engine=froogle_pc&keyword=BFG+GeForce+9800+GTX%2B+OC+%2F+512MB+%2F+PCI+Express+2.0+x16+%2F+Graphics+Card

Overall the BFG is the better card, but not noticable if your not a performance freak. The BFG i listed above is the OC one which explains the specs being different, but he did list the OC model on the ebay auction.

[Edited on 13-01-2009 by colour_golden]
johnhara1

13th Jan 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paypal dispute and they'll decide if your entitled to a partital refund.

Id want exactly what id paid for.

New Poll