corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What suspension?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What suspension?
Chris x

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

I want to lower my car. I have speedlines on it atm with standard suspension so its riding high!

I dont have a clue where to look, how low to go, what makes to look out for e.t.c

Iv found these coilovers on e-bay : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COIL-OVER-COILOVER-VAUXHALL-CORSA-A-B-SUSPENSION_W0QQitemZ400023950294QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item400023950294&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Are they any good? What does ' * Sport setup (F=12K - 672 ft/lbs )' meen?

I would idealy like the car very low and good handling (wouldnt mind a hard ride)

How much would I be looking at geting my car as I want it, as money is a bit tight atm!

How much would they cost to fit?

Thanks in advance

Simon_16v

22nd Jan 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those are very cheap coilovers, very harsh ride and the quality isn't the best.

Best bet i'd say for that kit of money is look out for 2nd hand spax rsx etc. After all, you get what you pay for!
Chris x

22nd Jan 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, thanks. How much £ would I be looking at? Am after 90mm at the back and 60mm front. Would this be ok with Speedlines?
Simon_16v

22nd Jan 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on what tyres your running it would be ok.

Well i paid £80 for my rear Spax adjustable dampers with 60mm Spax springs and front Spax psx with 50mm springs for about £40.

So 2nd hand would probably be your cheaper option, just keep an eye out for your bargains
fazza

22nd Jan 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats cheap^^
Chris x

22nd Jan 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have 45 tyres atm, but 40's will be going on the front soon. That sounds good, where did you get them from? How much are they to fit?
Simon_16v

22nd Jan 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine off here second hand. DanA is selling some Spax RSX adjustable coilovers for aroudn £150, they'll take the front down a good 60mm easy i'd imagine.
For the rears most uprated dampers shouold be ok and get some custom springs made, should make use of the money spent on something decent rather than those coilovers .

40's will help alot on them not catching the arch .

O and the difference in ride quality is very noticable between cheap and good suspension
Chris x

22nd Jan 09 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good, wont have the money til mid Feb anyway but just looking out atm. What do you meen by 'ride quality'? Handling, Hardness e.t.c?
Simon_16v

22nd Jan 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah just general quality of the ride. Those coilovers would make it jump all over on a rough road.

Need to test the difference to know it if you understand me
Chris x

22nd Jan 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, im with you. Will keep my eyes open now I sort of no what to look out for lol! Would I have to Mod the arch lowering it 90 rear and 60 front?
Chris x

22nd Jan 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What suspension? 23 database queries in 0.0181339 seconds