corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident Advice

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Accident Advice
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 09 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of sister
AndyKent

23rd Jan 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My grandad caused a 5 car pile up in torrential rain a few years back.

What happened was every car in front of him, claimed off the one behind, who then in turn claimed off my grandad. Seemed a really long way to go about it, but at the end of the day, his insurance was liable for everyone elses damage.
deano87

23rd Jan 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has already been said a few times.

Incidentally, when I crashed, I hit 2 KA's

Anyway, I came around a corner and there was stationary traffic waiting for a car to turn into a housing estate. I hit 1 KA, which hit the KA in front of her. The 2nd KA (that I didn't hit directly) claimed off the one I hit. But then, because the accident wasn't her fault, she claimed off my insurance 1) her car 2) the claim from the other car

Whilst it may seem your sister is to blame, it shouldn't affect her NCB.

Plus if you've stopped for more than something like 3 seconds, you're supposed to have your handbrake on. If a car hits you at 70mph, it will be pushed forwards. And even if you have your foot on the brake and something hits you at 70mph, your body probably won't let you keep your foot in the brake.

[Edited on 23-01-2009 by deano87]
pow
Premium Member

23rd Jan 09 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see a bone breaking if your tensed and with your foot on the brake
deano87

23rd Jan 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there was a fatality, the police would be able to tell if she had her foot on the brake by seeing shards of glass in the filament saw it on a Traffic Cops episode.
Lynny

23rd Jan 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in same situation couple years ago, all paid for car infront's damage, with the back car paying for his own as well.
Xs

23rd Jan 09 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone claims the person who hit the first cars insurance, I was sitting on the mai street coming back from getting a hair cut minding my own business when I heard a loud bang shortly followed by me getting hit too! Some woman had press her accelerator instead of the brake and hit the taxi behind me, who in turn went into me. We both claimed her insurance as she admitted liability.
N3CRO

23rd Jan 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Typical stopping distances when in dry conditions (Source: DSA)

70mph= 21m of thinking distance and 75m of braking distance – This is equal to 96m or (315 feet) or twenty-four car lengths.

I think that can be used as a loophole against shifting responsability.

Sounds like a grey area to me.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident Advice 23 database queries in 0.0088871 seconds