corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hi Corsa Sport newbie here need brakes, ICE and handling advice please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hi Corsa Sport newbie here need brakes, ICE and handling advice please
cyber_killer

User status: Offline
27th Jan 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone just got a Corsa 1.4 Sport 1998. I am quite impressed with it apart from its handeling is not up to much. Its not on its orignal alloys previous owner put 13" steelies on it, but it does have firestones all way round. ok here go the questions
1. Are the brakes worth upgrading?? Its due disks and pads anyway i found these for £30 any cheap upgrades out there?
2. How can i improve handeling without upsetting the ride or looks of the car ( i dont really like modified car look) ( cheap as poss)
3. as anyone run 3 amps on one of these without any problems?? I plan on putting my install in.

I got this car as its cheap to run really, had 106 gti, 306 gti 6 dn 172 before. So am looking at improving it as cheap as possible as it was ought to be cheap but FUN
Gareth F

27th Jan 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*I got this car as its cheap to run really, had 106 gti, 306 gti 6 dn 172 before. So am looking at improving it as cheap as possible as it was ought to be cheap but FUN *

If youve owned a 106 gti dont even bother trying to make it handle better because in comparison it will come no where near the gti unless you spend major money on it. I guess fixed 40mm lowering kit £300 ish and uprated whiteline rear arb £137 ish and polybush kit £140 would be a good start...........
Others may disagree but thats what i think.
I know you said cheap but cheap really is shit at the end of the day.
Craig P

27th Jan 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Mate,
Car sounds Good (Lots of Potential)And these are quite Fun.
As for Improving;
Brakes - You can either buy Upgraded Discs & Pads or Ugrade to 1.6 or 2.0L Brakes,Both quite easy Upgrades if you have the right bits its just a straight forward Swop.

Handling - You can Buy Ugraded Front & Rear ARB's (Whiteline Or H&R)Also get Powerflex Bushes.These will both improve the Handling but will not Effect the looks of the Car.

Hope this Helps Mate.

Craig

New Poll