corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » accountants in practice please :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author accountants in practice please :)
Matt L

User status: Offline
28th Jan 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently have a job in practice and am being trained up on AAT at the mooment in technician level but with the potential of going onto ACCA after.

what i want to know is would practices take on people who are just aat qualified? or part acca qualified?

reason i ask is i do like my job and dont intend to change yet, but in a year or two i imagine i will be moving on from here so im not sure whether to start my acca training here as when i leave i will have to repay the previous years fee's.

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by Matt L]
luciaadr

28th Jan 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's nothing to stop practices taking on part qualified people, all perfectly normal, mines just taken on two part qualified ACCA's.

In your situation though I'd get AAT qualified and get my CV out there then because, like you say if you leave half-way through study some employers can get funny about reclaiming study fees (although I've never known anyone to be chased)

Having completed the AAT gives you exemptions from some of both ACCA and ACA exams. IMO I'd go for the latter because they get paid loads more round my way at least.
Matt L

28th Jan 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the last girl we took on was only part acca qualified but we're only a small company and needed someone

and yeh i know if i leave my current company he said he would want paying for the last years fees (this was from back in the interview so he might have changed now but still.)

thing is i dont want to change companies for another 2 years as i dont know where ill actually be moving to but if i stay he will expect me to go onto acca.
Robbo

28th Jan 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

answer to your first question is yes

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » accountants in practice please :) 23 database queries in 0.0040021 seconds