corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pissed aff!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pissed aff!!!
DJMartin07

User status: Offline
30th Jan 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VOSA, and everything else related just make random shity rules up, end of.
Ben G

30th Jan 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if having no interior is unsafe then why are vans allowed to have this?

hate some policemen, they think theyre above the law.
gtitim

30th Jan 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Well the fan itself is quite exposed I've been informed that it was deemed unsafe because of:

A loose battery - To be fair, that can be amended there and then

Exposed fan - After talking to a couple of MOT testers that isn't a fail

Dodgey wiring for fan - That does need to be amended, and will be amended Tomorrow.

But to have the MOT completely null and void, 9 months chalked off for that

So there are faults, clearly, and it needs to be fixed.
VOSA and police work alongside one another, but unless it is a dangerous condition police cant issue prohibition notice. VOSA however, can do as they wish, and police have no control of them.
So really, you're pissed at VOSA for taking your car, which has issues they consider dangerous, off the road until the issues are sorted and an inspection of the car (the MOT) is done.

Seen the media coverage of Nigel Gresham and his LandRover? His vehicle had defects, which contributed to the death of 4 children. VOSA will be hot on everything now, and for quite a while, as will police. Thats how the world works - media jump on an issue, pressure on police and agencies to respond, they respond, people get annoyed by their actions.
ChrisBoom

30th Jan 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Well the fan itself is quite exposed I've been informed that it was deemed unsafe because of:

A loose battery - To be fair, that can be amended there and then

Exposed fan - After talking to a couple of MOT testers that isn't a fail

Dodgey wiring for fan - That does need to be amended, and will be amended Tomorrow.

But to have the MOT completely null and void, 9 months chalked off for that

Fooking right, adds to the excitment of a drive anyway, smoke rising up from the dash
Mike GSi

30th Jan 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them you painted the fan orange for safety reasons

VOSA took my nova off the road for blue side lights, loose battery, and a an inop side repeater, i fixed it all there and then ifront of them, but they still werent happy, luckily i knew someone that was out clubbing at the time that worked for an MOT station, he came down and Booked an MOT over the answer phone, i then followed him home to the MOT station! there was bugger all they could do, in the mornign the MOT tester simply checked everything that was on the list was cured, and signed the form.

They certainly get a Power trip out of the whole authority thing
CorsaSport14

30th Jan 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omfg i would of kicked off big time! and they wonder why people dont like them and they have bad reps. with the public, what tosser's!

My mentor is MOT tester at work and he said its bullshit. It cant fail on no interior (mine has passed 2, with full strip) if its not there it cant be tested.

And having small holes in your front bumper wont fail it either. Its the same as failing you for having a grille, you could easily stick your fingers through there.
antnee

30th Jan 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just stick some mesh infront of the fans, sorted
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really should secure my battery sometime soon.
Corsa Matt

30th Jan 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bumper I could just about see his point if you want to be pickey but as for the interior thats total rubbish. I have had 4 cars which has been stripped on the inside and they have all passed MOT's over and over again.

Think you need to challenge this mate.
WATSON

30th Jan 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think your bumpers that bad tbh Eck .

My mates running about with NO front and back bumper on the 505 and have been stopped by the PI with no problems.

I think its just been picky coppers thats had a bad night thats stopped you.

did you managed to pick/move the car?
Shell
Premium Member

31st Jan 09 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He managed to get the car moved yeah. I understand all of those may be issues, but the car is in the EXACT same state it was when he bought it, so how can it have passed it's MOT 3 months ago in the same state(a valid MOT) but someone can decide differently now?

All that aside though, the thing that makes me most angry is that 90% of police officers are good people but then you get some who just have a bad attitude. To ask someone "do you have a way of calling anyone?" and when told no just to have a sort of "oh well" attitude is disgusting. Had that been a girl, much different attitude. Like fuck a woman would have been left to walk around for an hour in sub zero temperatures trying to find a phone box. At least one of them must have had a mobile? That truthfully is what annoyed me most.

[Edited on 31-01-2009 by Shelley]
205tom

31st Jan 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .dean.
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by .dean.
you got a car of tom205 so sounds about right

Care to elaborate?[Edited on 30-01-2009 by Eck]

tape n blue tack insead of bolts plastic rollcage ive sein everything with him, ruff arse aint the word

Wtf are you actually talking about
SVM 286

1st Feb 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear of this Eck

Sounds bloody unforgivable as far as i'm concerned.

At worst they should have issued you with a VDRS for any genuine faults that could be considered illegal and sent you on your way with a producer.

Tactless wankers.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pissed aff!!! 23 database queries in 0.0141778 seconds