corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » vibrating steering wheel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vibrating steering wheel
Ash5

User status: Offline
6th Feb 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i go over 60 mph my steering wheel starts vibrating i thought my wheels might need balancing but i got the balanced and it has not solved it can any one think of any thing else.

thanks
ash
N3CRO

6th Feb 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tracking prehaps.
maxx16v

6th Feb 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have aftermarket alloys fitted then you will need the correct size of spiggot rings to help centralise the wheels ...this usually solves the vibration problems
saj_123

6th Feb 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This may sound odd and may not apply, but this happened to my mum's car. After 60 Mph the steering wheel would vibrate, also when braking hard.

Then she had the brakes replaced on the car and the steering wheel no longer vibrates. Although this may be the problem, but i doubt it is the main problem. Take it down the local garage and ask them to look at it.

I was just trying to throw some light onto it.

[Edited on 06-02-2009 by saj_123]
Ash5

6th Feb 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the help im going to try and borrow some standard wheels to see if that solves it if not ill go see my local garage to see what they say

thanks
N3CRO

6th Feb 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, warped brakes can make the steering wheel vibrate too.
Ash5

6th Feb 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it dose pull to the left when braking and its just started locking up the back wheels when braking hard i dont no if that can cause the problem
Richardhhha

7th Feb 09 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine is it and is it lowered?
Pulling to one side isn't uncommon when you put larger wheels on a b as they tend to tram line like a coont and any dip ridge or camber of the road does this. Umm sounds like warped disks also check tire pressures, when mine were low the stearing wheel shook it tits off adjusted them and now its fine

New Poll