corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Msc's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Msc's
Carl

User status: Offline
11th Feb 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone done one? even better, done one whilst working?
Going to look into them but not got a clue at the minute, just thinking it would be a good time for me to do it before I get further up the ladder and haven't got time.
RCS

11th Feb 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing one and working at the same time.

Good time to do it when there aren't that many jobs around.
Tom G

12th Feb 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Msc's??
Robbo

12th Feb 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

masters degree

carl - business related or specific?

if business then sack off an msc and just do an MBA

also they are better if you do them as a 1 yr add on to a Bachelors at uni but if thats not you then your choice is slightly limtied... look for a part time rather than distance learnign and also bare in midn that where u study is almost as important as actually getting one when it comes to masters... as in most people wont say oh u have a masters, they will say where is ur masters from
Ellis

12th Feb 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very likely I will be doing an MSc Oil & Gas Engineering - not sure whether to do it whilst working or not though :?
Carl

12th Feb 09 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
masters degree

carl - business related or specific?

if business then sack off an msc and just do an MBA

also they are better if you do them as a 1 yr add on to a Bachelors at uni but if thats not you then your choice is slightly limtied... look for a part time rather than distance learnign and also bare in midn that where u study is almost as important as actually getting one when it comes to masters... as in most people wont say oh u have a masters, they will say where is ur masters from

It would be Health related as I work for the NHS (just started) but currently i'm on band 4 (17k-20k), so thinking will i'm lower down it could be a good investment for the future. I only got a 2:2 BSc (hons) as I was too busy having a laugh and leaving it all to the night before, but i'm confident in my academic ability. Never contemplated it until the other day, so was just having a quick look about. It would almost definately be a 2 year part-time job though.
James

12th Feb 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if it will be beneficial in that industry TBH.

Have you spoken to anybody about how it could enhance your career prospects?
Carl

12th Feb 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Not sure if it will be beneficial in that industry TBH.

Have you spoken to anybody about how it could enhance your career prospects?

No not yet, pretty sure they sit down with you at some point. It's more for future future, as with a degree I can get up to band 6 and 7, however my boss has just let to for a band 8 and she has an MSc, as do a lot of other consultant type workers (in a non clinical way) who are clearly on very good money. I'm wasting a lot of time on the internet these days so fell like doing something useful.
Robbo

12th Feb 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with James to a point but at the same time, theres no harm doing it just foir you etc... will surely be beneficial at some poiitn

Just bare in mind though that they costa bomb and may need to be financed by someone who will probably request that you stay for x years etc!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Msc's 23 database queries in 0.0064230 seconds