corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Went in my mates edition 30 Anni last night

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Went in my mates edition 30 Anni last night
antnee

User status: Offline
16th Feb 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder in years to come how much the clutches will be to change and how long they will last for?
mattk

16th Feb 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im old fasioned and Id much rather have a propper manual, gorgeous cars they are
jr

16th Feb 09 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Wonder in years to come how much the clutches will be to change and how long they will last for?

been around for years now, (well 5 ?) and i havent seen once changed yet (the gearbox)
Mattb

16th Feb 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by antnee

been around for years now, (well 5 ?) and i havent seen once changed yet (the gearbox)

clutches on the dsg are a piece of piss to change anyway..

its very difficult to wear them out also, a huge amount of pressure is applied to them when they are engaged, they arent ever slipped and are also cooled by the oil.. if it ever got to the point where the clutches overheated the mechatronic unit pulses the clutch in use to try and cool it (its very violent actually) if you were a muppet and continued to drive through that, engine power is cut untill the cluch basket cools down...

very clever and should last a very very long time IF the box oil and filter is changed when its supposed to be

DaNnY_LaD

16th Feb 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There awesome cars...

My mate has a Black one with a stage 2 Apr Remap and im just in front of him....

Sound awesome aswell..

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Went in my mates edition 30 Anni last night 23 database queries in 0.0103629 seconds