corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No claims insurance question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author No claims insurance question
moka

User status: Offline
17th Feb 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK

I have been driving for 3 years now and have been insured under my dads since day one. I want a new car now im earning a bit more and i also want to insure myself! Anyway... What i want to know is do i have 3 years no claims bonus? Someone did tell me Direct Line were doing something with no claims bonus and named drivers but i know nothing other than that... Anyone know anything about this?
a_j_mair

17th Feb 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will depend who your dad has been insured with as to wether you have been earning any no calims

and i think it is only them that will recognise it as ncb

so will have to insure it yourself with the same company
stubbsy05

17th Feb 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What insurer are you with?

Majority of cases you won't have any no claims from being a named driver.

If you speak to the insurance company your with on your dads policy, and explain you want your own but have been on his, they might honour you 3 years ncb at their discretion.

Directline will give you 3 years ncb if thats who your with
moka

17th Feb 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe we are with Barclays atm... so... not looking good then as i cannot see Barclays giving me 3 years NCB just if i ask them nicely
swill_omnibus

17th Feb 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can have 3ncd with direct line but only if you were a name driver on a direct line policy, anywhere else it'll be useless.
antnee

17th Feb 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best to give them a ring and find out, every company is different. Some will accept NCB earned as a named driver, some won't

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » No claims insurance question 23 database queries in 0.0111539 seconds