corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 2002 Honda Civic Type R

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2002 Honda Civic Type R
Rob R

User status: Offline
18th Feb 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2002 Honda Civic Type R

Satin Silver in colour
81800 miles at time of writing, will increase daily as car is still in use.
Fresh 12 month MOT as of today (18/12/2009)
Tax until July 31st 2009
Fully stamped, up to date service history
Both sets of keys
V5 log book present

I am the 4th owner of the car and have owned it since July last year.

Since owning the the car I have

Fitted 4 new Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres, still with good tread remaining all round
Had new discs and pads fitted all round. OEM spec front discs, rear discs and rear pads with Ferrodo DS2500 on the front and a set of braided brake lines.
Changed the gearbox oil
Had the major 75k service carried out including valve clearances being checked
2 oil changes using Silkolene Pro S 5W/40
Had an AEM cold air intake pipe fitted in lieu of a cheap filter that was fitted when I got the car
Had a standard backbox fitted to replace the after-market one that was on there
Fitted Energy suspension engine mount inserts
Fitted Heko wind deflectors
Replaced the factory headunit with a JVC model which reads mp3 cd's and sd cards

The car also benefits from rear parking sensors and light window tints that were fitted by a previous owner

All work while I have owned the car has been carried out by Kent Performance in Gillingham.

The car was a bit of an impulse buy back in the summer of last year. I had sold my other car and was planning on purchasing a small run around but then my petrol headed nature got the better of me and I ended up purchasing this. The car had covered just under 75k miles when I purchased it so I have done about 7k miles in it, all of which have been faultless and smile inducing.

If you're looking at this advert then you know what the cars about but I can not emphasise how much of a hoot these cars are to drive. I went from a 280bhp turbo to this and was not disappointed in the slightest!

Day to day general driving is effortless and you will often find yourself doing 40mph in 5th or 6th gear but then when you join a motorway it will happily keep pulling and pulling all the way up the rev range. A normal £35 tank of petrol will easily see 280 miles with mixed driving and when kept under 4k rpm on long motorway journeys I have achieved 350 miles to a tank, who needs a diesel!

The cleanliness of the car is what attracted me to it, both in the interior and exterior were spotless, minus the obligatory stone chips that the front ends of cars love to get. Being a car cleaning freak I have kept on top of this with the wide range of cleaning products I have available, and I don't mean your run of the mill Halfords purchases.

With the way the car market is at the moment I can not afford to keep the car and make an even bigger loss, but as always my loss is someone else's benefit.

The car is priced at £4950 or am I looking to part exchange for a smaller car such a mk5 Fiesta Zetec S or a 1.2 Corsa C SXI plus cash my way. But please don't waste my time and offend me with silly offers as I simply won't reply.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/905379.htm

[Edited on 19-02-2009 by Fonz]

[Edited on 19-02-2009 by Rob R]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 2002 Honda Civic Type R 25 database queries in 0.0086730 seconds