corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » M666TT C - Mk2... The Arden Blue One! - Update 19/03/09

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author M666TT C - Mk2... The Arden Blue One! - Update 19/03/09
evans_corsab

User status: Offline
19th Mar 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it ! get the side strips off me thinks check out its stance tho its pretty sweet !
cayenne15
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

absolutly love it mate!

i will be watching this space
evans_corsab

19th Mar 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you liking it without the spoiler ? im really thinking mine has to go

have you cut the gear selector down matt ?

[Edited on 19-03-2009 by evans_corsab]
M666TT C

19th Mar 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks people

yeah i am reasonably happy with the stance at the moment..... untill i can trim down the arches and possibly make it a smidging lower at the front... THERE IS MORE THREAD ON THE COILOVERS!!!!

(i had to make a small adjustment to the top mounts with an angle grinder..... but still..... its not low enough yet :cool

Yes i have cut the gear selector down.... i though whilst i was doing it....

"How cool is this gonna be!!! i should take pics so i can show everyone on corsa sport how i did it..."

followed shortly by..... "hold on... then everyone will copy me and it wont be original"

hehehehe but just for you... i cut down the plastic lift reverse... then guessed where to chop off with the hacksaw*.... then re-screw on the gear knob on the shaft and make sure the lift reverse still has enough movement to work... It feels sooooooo much better... i had to move the grey one the other day and it was like driving a truck!! its well worth it... and it costs nothing... as long as your gear knob has a wide enough bore to fit down further on the shaft and has a grub screw to grip it

*Use a hacksaw and be happy with the sore arm in the morning.... an angle grinder and sparks and a full leather interior doesnt go well together

defo watch this space... i have some plans that i may be keeping quiet at the moment...

just little things that could make all the difference

im not sure on the bump strip removal.... i sorta like the effect they give of breaking the colour up.... but im not so sure i want to because there was a line of faded paint underneath the ones on my grey car when i removed them... so its sorta put me off.....

hmmmmmmm other peoples opinions on this matter?
M666TT C

19th Mar 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i quite like it without the spoiler....

i have had both now... (spoiler and no spoiler i mean)

but i love the look of the side of the car with a spoiler... but then again in another way i think the blue one would look gay with a spoiler....

just a personal opinion..... not sure what it would look like on yours mate...
cayenne15
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what u could do with the rub strips if u wanted to keep them is paint them the same colour as the wheels along with the other plastics. just an idea. i quite like it without the spoiler, its part the reason why i havent got one for mine, i like them without
M666TT C

19th Mar 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i have defo decided on the no spoiler i think...

from the rear it looks like it has a much wider stance, nice and curvy

yeah that could be a long term, de-texture and paint all the rub strips along with a wheel refurb as they are looking a bit worse for wear....

i think removing them is a bit too much....
cayenne15
Premium Member

19th Mar 09 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive still got mine on but have colour coded all the plastics, i couldnt believe the difference it made!
M666TT C

19th Mar 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seeeeeee... yea its a good plan... i'll see... im defo not going for a full coulour code.... im not sure yet...

any other opinions/ideas are welcome
evans_corsab

19th Mar 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i guessed how to do the gear selector idea and i was right going to do mine tommorow

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » M666TT C - Mk2... The Arden Blue One! - Update 19/03/09 24 database queries in 0.0066071 seconds