corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP! Light grey & dark gray smoke coming from exhaust! UPDATE!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP! Light grey & dark gray smoke coming from exhaust! UPDATE!
triggz

User status: Offline
   16th Mar 09 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i know i just posted this is the Help zone but this prob get alot more views! I have an MOT bookd up soon and im changing the oil tomorrow as i think its still the same it had before the cylinderhead went as it looks a bit watery

ok so just spent £500 on getting my headgasket n cylinder head replaced as well as cam belt n stuff! only to find that now the engine managerment light comes on after driving for a couple of mins but it doesnt come on while just idling.
At idle i get light grey smoking coming out which gets darker when i revs the car and it just pours out smells like oil and somtimes when i pull off the car revs drop a little before picking up?

any ideas

its a 1.6 ecotec btw

-------- update -----------

ok so i tried it by unpluggin various sensors with little to no result and changed the oil the oil didnt solve a thing still got loads of smoke occasionaly nothin comes out untill i rev it then it pours out with light n dark grey smoke

gonna give it some beans when it gets dark to see if its just oil buring in the exhaust :/ but somehow i dont think it is!

any more ideas n suggestions

thanks in advance!!!

[Edited on 18-03-2009 by triggz]
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Mar 09 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did the gasket go? if oil was getting into cylinders then its gonan beoil burning in the exhaust.. take it for a motorway journey and it will fine...
stan_the_man

16th Mar 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the car drive ok?

EGR valve?

Flash up the fault code and see whats said.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Mar 09 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure its your help zone valve
Eck
Premium Member

17th Mar 09 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twiggy and Mark... Why don't you post in the Pic Request threads saying snap day? There are LOADS of them so you can get your funny post fix As Daymoon said, give it a blast for a wee while, if it persists, take it back down to the bastards who did it for you and demand they look at it.
--ToM--

17th Mar 09 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

silly answers are from the people who havent got a clue,

id go for the advice give abouve aswell, get the exhaust really really hot on a motorway journey
triggz

17th Mar 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok well im just about to fluish the engine out with new oil and hopefully water then again with a new oil filter but the cars got no MOT and it wont pass with the smoke/emmisions its kicking out also the gasket was replaced! will see how this turns out otherwise im gonna av to call out a dude with a laptop n cable to see what the fault code is!

thanks for ur help ill post bk my results!
triggz

18th Mar 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so i tried it by unpluggin various sensors with little to no result and changed the oil the oil didnt solve a thing still got loads of smoke occasionaly nothin comes out untill i rev it then it pours out with light n dark grey smoke

gonna give it some beans when it gets dark to see if its just oil buring in the exhaust :/ but somehow i dont think it is!

any more ideas n suggestions

thanks in advance!!!

New Poll