corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » painting, spraying and bodywork

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author painting, spraying and bodywork
K-B1990

User status: Offline
   16th Mar 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just resprayed the bottom half of my door. all went well until we applied the laquer! i have patchy bits and LOTS of runs that gradually appeared after i had stopped. i didnt know about warming the tin, so did i put too many coats of laquer on? im going to sand the runs down and machine polish it at the weekend but im worried the patched areas will still be visible...

im going to upload some pictures so you can see the mess i have made...

help anyone?

[Edited on 16-03-2009 by K-B1990]
B3KAN

16th Mar 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You used tins?
andyc1234

16th Mar 09 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you did it out of tins it will always be shite. you gotta build up in layers. put one light mist on, let it go tacky, put another on, let that go tacky and keep putting light coats on until you get the shine. really hard to do with tins.
corsanuts

16th Mar 09 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u shud never just spray a patch of bodywork either spray the whole panel and blend in lol i dun sumthin like that tryin to spray my back quarter. just let the pros do it i say lol

New Poll