corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 106 Gti Great Spec - £2500 o.n.o - Quaife LSD, Cams, Remap (160 bhp), Bilstein...

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 Gti Great Spec - £2500 o.n.o - Quaife LSD, Cams, Remap (160 bhp), Bilstein...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
19th Mar 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok guys, basically I'm looking to buy a Honda S2000 quite soon, so my car will be up for sale very soon, priced £2500 o.n.o. It's quite a impressive spec and is a very capable car, simply stripping this car down for parts would get a great profit (although I'd prefer to not see this happen).

This is a car I have loved for over 4 years and anyone who knows me, will tell you how much the car has meant to me I'll be sad to see it go, but it's the only way I can afford a new car and due to my new job, I'm using it far too much for commuting which is a waste on the car.

I'm open to offers and I have most standard parts, so if you'd prefer the original part (tyres / exhaust / airbox / shocks etc) then just let me know.

Spec:

1998 S - 1.6 16v China Blue 106 Gti

Full Leather Interior

Ecosse Induction Kit with Green filter

Pugsport decat Exhaust System

4-2-1 Stainless Steel Raceland exhaust manifold

Kent Pt 51 Cams

Chipwizards / Jamsport - ECU Remap - with printout of Jamsport RR @ 160 bhp when done.

Quaife LSD (Limited Slip Differential)

Xsi Gearbox (closer gear ratio for faster acceleration, however only slgihtly closer than standard Gti gearbox)

15" Saxo VTS wheels

Toyo R888 - Tyres

Eibach springs ~40mm lowered

Bilstein Sprintline shocks front and rear

Upper E-Tech Strutbrace

Lower OMP Strutbrace

Polyflex rear bushes

Recently refurbished rear beam with 24mm ARB

Ferodo DS 2500 Brake Pads all around

The car is a very capable spec, which cost thousands to build and has given me a lot of enjoyment. It's been carefully looked after, never driven hard from cold, regularily serviced (plugs / oil change), cambelt and water pump was done when the cams went in at 74,000 miles.

The car also can come with a whole array of original parts / spares ...

I've got:

4x 15" normal 195/45/15 road tyres almost brand new

A normal exhaust system with cat

A standard airbox

Standard shocks

Spare coil pack

Spare map sensor

Spare ECU engine temp sensor

Spare fuel rail

Spare 4x injectors

Spare Crank Sensor

- I bought these over the years to help diagnose any problems by swapping parts over until it cured it.

Ok the bad points:

The car has covered 102,000 miles. Unfortunately I travel 80 miles a day for work (40 miles each way), so I clock the miles up fast - however this is mostly sitting on the motorway cruising at 70mph or in traffic and aren't 102,000 miles of hard driving.

The car's lower gearbox engine mount seems to be a bit old and the rubber is soft, allowing a bit of movement on the engine when going on / off throttle... it's not really a issue - but it does sometimes cause the gear linkage to rattle on the exhaust (under the car) when lifting off from high revs. I've bought a new powerflex lower gearbox mount to resolve this issue but haven't fitted it yet. I'll give it free to the owner of the new car.

Generally the car is nicely kept (as you can see in the pics), the paint is still lovely - however for a 11 year old car, you can expect slight marks / stone chips etc and the price reflects the fact the car's exterior has a few marks but nothing major.

£2500 or open to offers.

Give me a message for any more info.

Thanks,

Paul

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 106 Gti Great Spec - £2500 o.n.o - Quaife LSD, Cams, Remap (160 bhp), Bilstein... 25 database queries in 0.2809401 seconds