corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Health Day: Fitness routine Warning Paul_J style essay thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Health Day: Fitness routine Warning Paul_J style essay thread
Welsh Dan

User status: Offline
5th Apr 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how much Diet Coke is too much? I usually have one can a day, sometimes a bit more. I don't drink Tea or Coffee, so is there anything other than milk and water that I should be drinking?
BluKoo

5th Apr 09 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fruit juice?

I don't drink any fizzy drinks at all these days (apart from alcoholic stuff).
DizzyRebel

5th Apr 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fruit juice is bad, high in sugar and simple carbs, causes an insulin spike and the fructose and sugars in it are stored as fat.

Water is irreplaceable in a bodybuilders, or infact any sportsmans diet.

SVM 286

5th Apr 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

i take up two spaces in the wanker mobile

sand-eel

5th Apr 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do some weights and just tone up if you don't want to look like a muscle man, I went swimming for the first time in years the other day it was excellent indeed, until I injured my shoulder
Carl

5th Apr 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

Water is irreplaceable in a bodybuilders, or infact any sportsmans diet.

Or in fact any human's diet!

Also Sand eel, it takes a lot of work to 'look like a muscleman' i think it will be the last of his worries waking up like pop eye as it just doesn't happen!

Jambo, kick the bad habits, try and eat a healthy balanced diet and increase your physical activity levels and you will be spot on. No point starting to not eat carbs after 2 and all that malarky as it is something you won't keep up, ie you are setting yourself to fail. You need to make adjustments to your positive adjustments to your lifestyle that you will be able to maintain. Small steps first. Don't try to run before you can walk imo.

I'd try and get into a sport or activity that you might enjoy that is active, you are a lot more likely to keep it up then than just going to the gym and usually you will work a lot harder.
mwg

5th Apr 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant be arsed trying to look like a muscle man, rather be generally fit.

I just go mountain biking about 12 miles once a week and play 5 a side football once a week. & do 15 reps each arm, minimum once a day with my dumbells just to tone my arms up a bit. Thats my lot!

I drink shit loads of water too cos the water cooler at work is close to my desk
Jambo

5th Apr 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drink 2l of water a day, more in the summer, just drink too much fucking pepsi inbetween

I had been dieting/not eating shit for 3 1/2 weeks before i slipped when i felt unwell, and i had cu out everything except the fizzy drinks. I rarely ate chocolate or pizza etc, usually had 1 treat night a week the rest was healthy. I started to not even want shitty food. I prefer eating healthier as i generally felt a bit better for it.

I used to play badminton but our partners who we played with moved up north Its not always practical to have a busy excersise routine as i am obv looking after Mrs Jamob who isnt well so has good days and bad days...

When talking about weights, what would people reccomend??

I dont know how to tone, usually just do small reps of heavy weights/air machines to bulk my strength up and see results very quickly...
Seany

5th Apr 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for toning its low weights and high reps
sand-eel

5th Apr 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl

Also Sand eel, it takes a lot of work to 'look like a muscleman' i think it will be the last of his worries waking up like pop eye as it just doesn't happen!

yeah I know as that is what I am trying to do.

[Edited on 05-04-2009 by sand-eel]
Carl

5th Apr 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want to be doing compound exercises for a full body work out imo.
see this site for info and what exercises this includes;

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/strengthtraining/a/compound_ex.htm

personally i'm a fan of pull ups and dips (although not at the time of doing them!)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Health Day: Fitness routine Warning Paul_J style essay thread 23 database queries in 0.4497988 seconds