corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorbike Delivery/Transport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorbike Delivery/Transport
Welsh Dan

User status: Offline
6th Apr 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at a bike up north, but if I buy it, i'm not keen on going all the way up to pick it up again (as I wasn't planning on riding such a big journey for my first proper ride on a big bike) and because i'm a big jessie.

Has anyone here used a reputable motorbike delivery firm? The bike is near Manchester and i'm in London.
Jay

6th Apr 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used one to send a bike to london from Liverpool funny enough, I will dig out the fellas phone number if I can find it I will let you know, he came and checked the bike over, check it was running properly etc and then rang me to let me know it had arrived safely. He was spot on, usually charges £90 but the fella paid him £300 for him to deliver it on Christmas Eve
Bonney

6th Apr 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it at a dealer near manchester?
Ste
Premium Member

6th Apr 09 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a mate you trust to get insured then buy him the train ticket and some petrol money. He can ride it home for you. Helps if you have a mate out of work and looking for a bit of cash.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Welsh Dan

6th Apr 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
Is it at a dealer near manchester?

No, private sale.
Kano

6th Apr 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIre a van for the day and pick it up.. I drove to Liverpool witha connect and managed to get an R6 in the back no bother so anything that size or bigger would do. At least that way you get to see the bike in person..
Welsh Dan

6th Apr 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i'm planning on looking at it this Friday, but I wasn't planning on riding it back down.

Stupid question, but what do I need to secure a bike in the back of a van?
fir3vip3r

6th Apr 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
Yeah, i'm planning on looking at it this Friday, but I wasn't planning on riding it back down.

Stupid question, but what do I need to secure a bike in the back of a van?

yes make sure you have some ratchet tie downs to prevent any breakages, moved so many bikes in vans, plastics break and scuff easily
Daimo B

7th Apr 09 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ride it back ya jessie.

Its a straight line on a motorway. It'll only go as fast as you twist your right wrist.

Or go with Ste's suggestion. Get a friend to pick it up for you, day insurance or something (or get a 2 week cover note and cancel the policey).

Expeensive pickup otherwise.

If your going the van route, make sure theres points to pin the bike down. Put it on a paddock stand if you have one available.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorbike Delivery/Transport 24 database queries in 0.0100141 seconds