corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » help with bt internet?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with bt internet?
LeeM

User status: Offline
13th Apr 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been having problems with my internet for a few months now. i have the white home hub and use a laptop to connect wirelessly.

it regularly looses connection, but the laptop is still connected to the home hub becuase i get a bt page saying the homehub isnt gettting a net connection, i look at the hub and the connection status light is off. and now... ive had no faster than 100kbps for nearly a week!!!

ive called bt a few times which is a nightmare, they have done line tests and every time they tell me there is a problem with the line that they will fix, they have sent an engineer round who said everything between my house and the exchange is fine, yet im still having problems!

how can i speeak to an english person or fix it? HELP!!!
dannymccann

13th Apr 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant im afraid, thats what you get for going with the worst company in the world. Im with them as well, but im in a better situation where I can leave when I want as my contract is expired. Just be persistent, send a letter of complaint if nothing gets sorted, thats how I got someone to listen to me (make sure you send it recorded otherwise it gets 'lost')
LeeM

13th Apr 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just been told to unplug the hub and try it like tht for 24 hours to see if the problem persists... fucking morons.
phoned again and demanded an english person, got through to sales but he was english and hes sending me a new home hub to try
dannymccann

13th Apr 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did that with Norwich Union, if you have the right tone (i.e. a really fucking angry one) they do get the point and know its not a joke and put you through to someone properly. I binned my homehub ages ago, its shite, just buy a second hand DG834G (netgear) off ebay or something for £15/£20 and use that instead, much better
James_DT

13th Apr 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The newer HomeHubs aren't as bad, but the older ones are terrible. Replaced my Mum's with a DG834GT and had no problems since.
Eck
Premium Member

13th Apr 09 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Homehubs are utter shite. I'd get myself a netgear or belkin. Or a better option, tell BT to GTF and go with someone else.
LeeM

13th Apr 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we're still in contract, my mum was bugging me to sort out the internet when we moved into a new house, i didnt do it right then and there so i came home from work the following day to find a fucking bt van. i wasnt impressed but at least i can blame her
Richardhhha

13th Apr 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

misses has this problem i founf it to be the fact that bt pre set the home hubs to run on channel 1... utter shit...

changed it to channel 9 and its been all ok since
misses is sposed to get 2mbs but she wont see more than 150kbs as they are a nortical mile from the bloody exchange.

keep telling them to tell bt to gtf but they wont listen daft pairents i tell ya

New Poll