corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help Please!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help Please!!
14LS

User status: Offline
18th Apr 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going to do the leads, plugs, cap and arm on my 97 1400 8v, but then it occured to me, looking under the bonnet, i dont think its got a cap and arm, seems to be a black box (electronic???) situated where the dizzy cap / arm was on my 1200 Nova!!! Is it just plugs n leads ill need to do?

14LS

18th Apr 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a coil pack aint it? So i just need to do the leads and plugs, theres no cap and arm am i right?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Apr 09 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it's got a distributerless ignition system, so the black box is basically like the coil and distributer all in one and generally more reliable so that only gets changed if it breaks. Just changing plugs and leads will be fine
14LS

18th Apr 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike, THANK YOU, much appreciated mate!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help Please!! 24 database queries in 0.0542059 seconds