corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » X-box360 x4

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X-box360 x4
ramecroft1

User status: Offline
18th Apr 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just acquired 4 faulty x-box 360s. Now i know this is a car forum, but the people on this site have never let me down , and i was wondering if any of you could help me with this!

Now, the 1st X-box wont even attempt to run, power supply lit up amber with ring of death lit up but only the right side, not flashing, just staying on.

2nd X-box, will turn on with the powerpack green but the ring of death will FLASH but not showing red in the top right quarter.

3rd X-box started to turn on but then done the same as above.

4th X-box, same as above but with the power pack lighting up amber.

If anybody could shed some light on my situation i would be most appreciative

Ren

18th Apr 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont understand what you mean with the 2nd one. Ring of death, but only the right side? Not a ring of death then mate, seems more like an overheating/hardware issue (can't remember which).

Are these brand new 360s or used ones? If they're brand new, I'd take it up with with the shop you got them from, as they're obviously not new
Baz-Zico

18th Apr 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My power pack has always been amber since I got it, and works fine, never seen it green
xa0s
Banned

19th Apr 09 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
Are these brand new 360s or used ones? If they're brand new, I'd take it up with with the shop you got them from, as they're obviously not new

Dude, really. Do you really think he's gone to a shop, bought 4 Xbox 360's then taken them home to find out that all of them are faulty? Even if in a million years that did happen, do you think he'd pop on a Corsa forum and ask for a help or just take them straight back to the shop?
ramecroft1

19th Apr 09 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mother in law bought a wholesale of 40 x-boxs from ebay, to make abit of cash. these were faulty so she recieved a credit for them but the seller never asked for them back so if i throw them away its not really any lose!

im going to try the towel method but if that doesnt work im not sure what to do!
ramecroft1

19th Apr 09 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just tested the towel method and it works on the 1st one ive done, the second one has changed. the whole ring is now red but only the right hand side flashes, the left half just stays illuminated red!
ramecroft1

19th Apr 09 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Faulty-Xbox-360-x-clamp-repair-fix-kit-RROD-red-ring_W0QQitemZ260388789756QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item260388789756&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

sorry for the un-professional like linking but would that do anything? ^^
Cole

19th Apr 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like some of them are e74 errors which the above kit should solve in theory
ramecroft1

19th Apr 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which ones are the e74 errors and what is this an error of?
Ren

19th Apr 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think in this case google would be your best bet. You can work out what each of the lights mean (different lights, different meanings) and then diagnose it from there. It's only the ring of death when there are 3 red lights flashing.

And xa0s that's why I asked him
Reecemac

21st Apr 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

open them up and get some arctic silver under those heatsinks will work everytime (done 4 now myself) any more info u2u.

New Poll