corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need opinions on this car (bought!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need opinions on this car (bought!)
moka

User status: Offline
21st Apr 09 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 16V Sport

77,000 miles, 3 Door Hatchback, British Racing Green, Rear Spoiler, Alloy Wheels, Electric Windows, Mudflaps, Headlight Protectors, Electric Mirrors, Sunroof, JUST HAD NEW CAMBELT & SERVICE, MOT'd Till Oct 09, Really Lovely Car. £1,150.

Hi Guys - do you think the above is worth it?
What do people think of the colour?
Im looking for a blue black or white but this caught my eye... Opinions welcome!

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by moka]
SeanXE

21st Apr 09 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starting to really like this colour, i'd snap that up for the price it is, and if you waved £1,050 in his face I'd say he'll take it
moka

21st Apr 09 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S7M XE
Starting to really like this colour, i'd snap that up for the price it is, and if you waved £1,050 in his face I'd say he'll take it

The colour's grown on me aswell - not too sure about the wheels but i got some black wheels on my silver corsa i have now i will probably chuck on it.

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by moka]
Ellis

21st Apr 09 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good base to start from, looks clean and tidy
Rob E

21st Apr 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just got a Corsa B in this colour, its such a nice colour when the sun shines on it. It looks clean too, with enough haggling you could drive that away for a grand I reckon
moka

21st Apr 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found out it has no tax.. so that could be a good argument to get it down to a grand

any haggling advice?
Ian W

21st Apr 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old Skool wheels !
moka

22nd Apr 09 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pick it up today... Got it for £1050 in the end

Few questions i hope you lot can answer for me...

Its got newish tyres on but shit wheels... I have some nice black wheels with bald tyres on i want to put on it... How much to swap the tyres over at a garage as there the same size?

It has a sticker on the back underneath the 1.4 16v... It looks like its been there a while... would this look shit underneath if i took it off?

It took 3-4 seconds to start but ran well when i took it for a test drive... Why would this be? Battery?

Also theres not much history... ... bad?
SeanXE

22nd Apr 09 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice told ya you could get it for £1050 lol

iirc it costs £10 a wheel to change tyres

The sticker should come off with T-cut

Possible it could be the battery, also check the rocker box gasket to see if its leaking, mine was when I got it £20 and hour of your time and you can change the gasket your self, dont be put off if it is that.
Mark.W

22nd Apr 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a really nice little motor mate.

i bet he would even take £1000 off ya if you showed him the cash but still a good but for that price
Iain M

22nd Apr 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reminds me of laurence and lisas corsa in the early days.

Nice car by the way
noshua

22nd Apr 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its got newish tyres on but shit wheels... I have some nice black wheels with bald tyres on i want to put on it... How much to swap the tyres over at a garage as there the same size?

Mate bought a set of tyres at the weekend from a local tyre place and they swapped 'em over for free. Said it would've been a fiver a tyre otherwise. Best off going to your local garage/tyre place rather than a kwik fit or something of that kindl
Stu

22nd Apr 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M
reminds me of laurence and lisas corsa in the early days.

I thought that too
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would of probably got it for less, it is just a standard Rio Verde Sport afterall! But it does look clean.
Kano

22nd Apr 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the joys of going to view a car I want tonight but with £300 less than hes wanting.. Love waving low amounts at folk, they usually crumble and give in.
ShEp

22nd Apr 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
I've got the joys of going to view a car I want tonight but with £300 less than hes wanting.. Love waving low amounts at folk, they usually crumble and give in.

Me too

Then asking for £20 back for fuel to get home
alan-g-w

22nd Apr 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S7M XE
Nice told ya you could get it for £1050 lol

iirc it costs £10 a wheel to change tyres

The sticker should come off with T-cut

Possible it could be the battery, also check the rocker box gasket to see if its leaking, mine was when I got it £20 and hour of your time and you can change the gasket your self, dont be put off if it is that.

I've never seen anywhere charge a tenner a tyre, even kwik fit were only £8 when I asked. Got it done for £4 a tyre at a local garage in the end though.

Why would you not just peel the sticker off? Maybe you meant t-cut underneath it... even at that, the paint's going to look better where the sticker was than the surrounding area if anything surely?

And why would a leaking cam cover gasket make the car hard to start?.
SR91

22nd Apr 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I got my car for £1000 when he wanted £1500
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What is it this time?
Carl

22nd Apr 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm shit at haggling, I feel guilty as anything. Going to see a car tomorrow up at 1100. The interior is muck so was thinking i'll get it for 1050! How do you do it, wouldn't mind paying a grand for it but it recently had a bit of work so reckon he will keep bringing that up.
moka

22nd Apr 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just ask him how much 'realistically' he is willing to let it go for... and then shut up... do not say a word... just look at him (honestly shut up even if he trys to change the subject, with a look on your face that says... erm... answer my question)... worked wonders for me.

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by moka]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need opinions on this car (bought!) 23 database queries in 0.0177648 seconds