corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Go-Karting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Go-Karting
fresh_creps

User status: Offline
29th Apr 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going go-karting at MK on monday hopefully,just wondered if anyone's got any tips for nailing it round the track, went on sunday with a group of mates and didn't do aswell as I thought I would so determined to come 1st this time!

I consider myself a fairly good driver although not particularly experienced on track,so any help would be all good
Ojc

29th Apr 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't use the brakes.

Honestly.
Liam

29th Apr 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been today, I think I was using the brakes to much in the corners as I was alot slower than my mate
Robbo

29th Apr 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going ice karting tomorrow night
mark_gsi

29th Apr 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep as much weight off you as you can. dont use the brakes and just fucking go for it, last time i went i came first still got the trophey up stairs.
dannymccann

29th Apr 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep dont use the brakes, I was second or third in the races but I got fastest lap Back then I weighed in at a hefty 14st as well, most of the others were less than that
fresh_creps

29th Apr 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

liking the advice so far,better to come off the power than use the brakes then by the sounds of it
Ste
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best advice is to try carry as much speed as possible through the corners. Use the track width to your advantage and follow the racing line.
Don't slide round corners. Looks gay and also is the slowest way around, leave that to the rally boys.
Also, concentrate on the track and be aware. Lots of people get tunnel vision and aren't aware of what's around them.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Fonz
Premium Member

30th Apr 09 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Don't use the brakes.

Honestly.

have to agree with that! only way to ride

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Go-Karting 24 database queries in 0.3566370 seconds