corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » CS/pepper spray

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CS/pepper spray
nathy_87

User status: Offline
26th May 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No really i did, Just had to get a cloth from teh kitchen went up my nose too
Lynny

26th May 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and it hurts sunburn a lot!
gtitim

26th May 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing with Pava is that you have to be alot more accurate when using it. CS squirted at the chest area will take out a person, as the spray disperses, whereas a pava spray needs to be that much more accurate. As for being upwind - it helps, otherwise you often spray once and correct your aim to compensate for the wind. done that once and was interesting, hoping not to get a faceful as the spray came back at me!!!

Our force is introducing taser this year to all PSU officers, so next year i will be PSU and taser armed too, which will be interesting to say the least!!!
Boycey

26th May 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at that video
Lynny

26th May 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Thing with Pava is that you have to be alot more accurate when using it. CS squirted at the chest area will take out a person, as the spray disperses, whereas a pava spray needs to be that much more accurate. As for being upwind - it helps, otherwise you often spray once and correct your aim to compensate for the wind. done that once and was interesting, hoping not to get a faceful as the spray came back at me!!!

Our force is introducing taser this year to all PSU officers, so next year i will be PSU and taser armed too, which will be interesting to say the least!!!
cs mixed with taser is always fun lol, set them on fire. Is your force trialing the general use of taser as i heard they were replacing batons at some point. Just had pepper, oh my word its the most intense pain!
CorsAsh

26th May 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And yet you're still able to type messages to CS, can't be that bad, stop whinging.
gtitim

26th May 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
quote:
Originally posted by gtitim

cs mixed with taser is always fun lol, set them on fire. Is your force trialing the general use of taser as i heard they were replacing batons at some point. Just had pepper, oh my word its the most intense pain!

Our force is training PSU ( read riot squad) officers for taser use, the idea being there will always be someone on duty who is taser trained. Our traffic are all firearms, and taser, OSU are all taser, but not always one nearby, so it will help. Think it will eventually be rolled out to all officers, which will be a good idea, but obviously the rate of use will dramatically increase. Whether to replace batons or not is something i havent heard of. Personally i wouldn't want to give up my baton for taser - baton can be used more than once quickly, and on more than one person. Besides, how would i force entry with no baton to break windows??
Lynny

26th May 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very good point, was just one of those rumours, tend to you hear. Which force are you? Are you using the new black uniforms? Our traffic officers are all firearms trained, although There's talks about us merging with northumbria so dunno if We'll stay like that or if policies will change
gtitim

26th May 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're still in shirts and trousers, however have been told we are getting combats, black polo shirts and Altberg boots issued, along with Blackberrys (definitely getting this next month)but what they will buy will inevitably be the cheap version, it always is.
mart08uk

26th May 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you get sprayed in the face like that video? or just a quick spray from distance?
Ste
Premium Member

27th May 09 at 02:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was doing my RAF basic training we had to do Nuclear/Biological/Chemical warfare training. The 'test' was to don our gas masks within 9 seconds and then go into a 'gas chamber' basically a brick building in the middle of a field with no windows, just a single door. The instructor lit 5 CS gas tablets and filled the room so that you couldn't even see to the other side. We then had to simulate cleaning our faces after a chemical attack. 4 times the mask had to come off and clean your face with absorbant powder and pads.

After that we were made to individually remove our masks and hand it to the instructor. He then kept hold of it and if you didn't breathe in he puched you in the stomach to make you. After breathing it he made you count how many fingers he held up and then say your name, rank, D.O.B and number. You weren't allowed out until you completed it.

It is THE most horrendous experience ever. Every moist area of the body goes crazy and burns. I really can't describe it tbh.

You can smell it on you for days afterwards.

It is done to show you how important it is to get your mask on fast and that CS would be the nicest chemical you would ever experience.

Nerve gas attacks the spinal chord and kills you slowly and painfully like in 24 season 4.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Lynny

27th May 09 at 05:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mart - in the face
ste - few of our lot are ex army and they,ve done the same exercise i the past, seems pretty common. They all commented going into that that they'll be fine having done that before, however said it was sooo much more intense getting the spray in the face. The pepper afterwards finished them off lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » CS/pepper spray 24 database queries in 0.0137210 seconds