corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » my frist dslr pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my frist dslr pics
corsa-jr

User status: Offline
26th May 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my frist dslr and just went out 2night and had a play with the modes and different setting don't think i played with all lol,these are some of my pics just going to put them all up so comment as you will and a bit of help please.Where im going rong would be a start or what i should try

also what mode do i need to put my camear in?raw + jpeg,fine,raw or standerd?
thanks

[Edited on 26-05-2009 by corsa-jr]
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm no professional photographer but I'll say what I think would be of help for these pics anyway.

1 - A bit overexposed and the colour could be better, fiddling with the shutter speed and aperture would probably fix it though.

2 - Come out pretty good, if a tiny bit dark though, but that'd be because you're in shadow I expect.

3 - Good but ever so slightly out of focus in what I think is meant to be the subject.

4 - A little bit out of focus and slightly dull in colour, lower aperture would help I think.

5 - Nice shot, but a faster shutter speed would make it way better, the sun would be less glarey if you know what I mean.

6 - A little bit overexposed again, probably a combination of a slightly too long shutter speed and low aperture. Looks a bit wonky in general, not quite sure which way it wants to be rotated though.

7 - Nice shot, liking this one. The skiy is a bit overexposed though, I'd suggest faster shutter speed.

8 - Another good shot, but with overexposed sky. I always find the sky a problem, especially with only a compact camera, seems sometimes you can only have one or the other when it comes to exposure

9 - Pretty good again, but the colours are a bit dull and there's way too much light from behind the trees.

With the file type, if you aren't going to fiddle with them (e.g. Photoshop etc) then JPEG will be fine and take up less disk space. In general, people with D-SLR's use RAW as it's more flexible to play with once on the PC.

Like I said I'm no expert, so I may be wrong in places, so anyone who does know more than I do, please post corrections

[Edited on 26-05-2009 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
corsa-jr

26th May 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for your comments and the way you broke it down to what is is on each pic helps alot,can i just ask what is exposure and and aperture?
Did think i was going to get more of a grilling then that but its only been one person lol

[Edited on 26-05-2009 by corsa-jr]
Adam_B

26th May 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rotate them so they are the right way round before uploading.
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-jr
thanks for your comments and the way you broke it down to what is is on each pic helps alot,can i just ask what is exposure and and aperture?
Did think i was going to get more of a grilling then that but its only been one person lol
No probs mate

I'm not great at explaining things, just know how they work, but I'll try.

Exposure is the light that goes into the camera onto the sensor, if it's overexposed then it means too much light has gone in, conversely if it's underexposed there's not enough light, which will make a pic dark.

Aperture is the side of the hole that the light goes in through. It's a bit backwards though, because the bigger the aperture number, the smaller the hole This also affects the exposure, because the bigger the hole (smaller aperture) the more light will go in, resulting in overexposure. Also vice versa

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
corsa-jr

26th May 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate ive understood what your trying to say and i will take that in and use it next time
Scotty_B

26th May 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad shots but you missed an opportunity with they still puddles.
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-jr
cheers mate ive understood what your trying to say and i will take that in and use it next time
No probs mate, glad it all made sense If you're not sure how to adjust any of the things I said about, have a look through the camera's manual

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Ben G

26th May 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
Not bad shots but you missed an opportunity with they still puddles.

thought the same. awesome reflection shot opportunity

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » my frist dslr pics 25 database queries in 0.0089629 seconds