corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help needed with 1.7D Heater Plugs/Glow Plugs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help needed with 1.7D Heater Plugs/Glow Plugs
A2H GO

User status: Offline
31st May 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently bought a 1.7 diesel corsa, T Reg, 1999. Ive been having a problem starting it, i think its to do with the heater plugs, when i turn the ignition on, the coil comes on the dash as normal and it starts first time but ill come back to it and the battery will be completely drained.

Ive fitted a new alternator, thinking it was this but its not done anything. I think that the heater plugs are on all the time or something, maybe something is wrong with the relays/box's in the drivers footwell...ive replaced all the relays, put a new 80A fuse in but its still draining the battery so i have to leave the fuse out, but then i wont start at all, just turns over??
sebbyg

31st May 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put a voltmeter on to the wire that connects to the glow plug rail, see that the voltage cuts off after the engine has warmed up
A2H GO

31st May 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long should this take....10mins or so? If the voltage doesn't cut off once the engines gets warm, i take it this will be why the battey keeps going flat, what will i need to do?

I think it might be the black box with about 14 wires coming out of it by the yelllow relay in the footwell that nackered...

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by CorsAsh-Sport]
pow
Premium Member

31st May 09 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spells out replay failure that, always clicked on.
A2H GO

1st Jun 09 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive changed the yellow realy and black relay, just not the black control box as i cant get one...maybe the control box is not turning the heater plugs off?

Also i need to get a new coolant temp sensor as the engine temp gauge isnt working, i heard they were linked?
pow
Premium Member

1st Jun 09 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They may well be, CTS telling the glowplugs that the engine is cool all of the time?

Worth a try IMO
A2H GO

1st Jun 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideal, Just ordered one, will fit it tonight or tomorow and see if that solves the problem.

New Poll