corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » what do you need to do to be a traffic cop?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what do you need to do to be a traffic cop?
ed

User status: Offline
18th Jun 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
I really don't see the appeal of this job or why everyone raves about wanting to be a traffic cop
Because there is a TV show about it.
gtitim

19th Jun 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
Are you sure that all Traffic are Firearms trained? [Edited on 18-06-2009 by Welsh Dan]

Depends on your force. Ours is cash-strapped so combine the two. No traffic unless you want to be firearms too
richc

19th Jun 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
Are you sure that all Traffic are Firearms trained? [Edited on 18-06-2009 by Welsh Dan]

Depends on your force. Ours is cash-strapped so combine the two. No traffic unless you want to be firearms too

Its a great idea tbh. Im sure nottinghamshire is the same now i come to think of it! Due to the amount of 'niggaz' as they like call their selves!

Its a joke. I read somewhere nottingham was the first city to have armed patrol walking the streets (in the subhurbs) on a daily routine The place is so currupt its unreal. On a night out, waiting to get the bus home, you will sit there and watch the cars drive by.

One after the other, its Merc M class, blackout windows, booming, lots
CLK 55 amg, hoods up, windows down, booming music
5 series Beemer, windos down, black out at the back, ganster music

All wearing chains, bigger than there heads etc

Anyways abit offcourse, but i think its a good idea they are fair arms aswell, because if a guy is wanted and they are running, traffic chases them so it makes sense.
Ben J

19th Jun 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently in the process of applying for the Specials, with the view to joining regulars if I enjoy it.

Had my PIR (Police Initial Recruitment) Exam today as it happens. Think it went okay.

PCSO's are only Police Community Support Officers and have no real power i.e. arrest etc. Whereas Specials have full Police powers but its voluntary.

If you are interested in the Police as a career it may be worth trying for the Specials first.

[Edited on 19-06-2009 by Ben J]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » what do you need to do to be a traffic cop? 23 database queries in 0.0566900 seconds