corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Conversion Springs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Conversion Springs
Ellis

User status: Offline
18th Jun 09 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, got 60mm Nova springs on the front at the moment - wasn't a problem until now. With the weight of the XE over the front it has started fouling the arches.

So my question to you today is; what springs to you guys use for a coverted Corsa?

I'm hoping that raising it slightly may improve the silly camber on the front too

Thanks
Gareth F

18th Jun 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know much about this stuff im im guessing you need a higher poundage spring in the front due to the extra weight so i would look for the correct springs. They dont cost much even if you were to buy them new from websites or even ebay. Hope this helps. Go for a 60mm front drop as you get slight camber but not so much you wreck tyres. Im guessing you have uprated shocks too
Gareth F

18th Jun 09 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simple google search will give you more information, first page i clicked gave me this:

if its got an XE or LET in then the springs that you'd get with a std Nova / Corsa lowering kit aren't going to be up to the job, sure the G-Max stuff would be ok but your going to have to fit some heavier poundage front springs, Courtenay sell them for about £55.
Ellis

18th Jun 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're a star thanks

G-max are just not up to the job at all!
Gareth F

18th Jun 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people say they are ok but i wouldnt expect them to take that kinda weight. shouldnt be hard to find some cheap tho

New Poll