corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP PLEASE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP PLEASE
Liam-Wilko

User status: Offline
25th Jun 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi peeps i have changed the negin on my car to a 1.6 16V sport engine its running ok but when i hold the speed at like 60 MPH the car slightly juders can any one tell me wether or not i need to turn the fule up a little bit as i am still using my 1.4 16 sport ECU and loom can anyone shed sum light onthe situation

[Edited on 26-06-2009 by liam-corsa-1400]
Liam-Wilko

26th Jun 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also how and what do i need to change the ECU ova from my 1.4 ECU to the 1.6 ECU and were is the chip and transponder
johnhara1

26th Jun 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people say you NEED to change the ECU to the 1.6 one as it uses a different map.

You will need to get the ignition key, ECU and transponder from a 1.6 16v Sport.

The chip is inside the key - put the new chip into your key.

The transponder sits on the ignition barrel. Swap yours with the new one that matches the chip.

ECU is a straight swap for yours.

EGR valve can cause hestiation on this engine, i may be wrong though.

[Edited on 26-06-2009 by johnhara1]
Richardhhha

27th Jun 09 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Egr can cause hesitation on these engines but generaly it will just make them run shit, common problem is the vaccume hoses perish which will cause this sought of problem. You can run a 16xe conversion with a 14xe ecu but You'll have fueling issues as its going to be running lean, get that 16xe ecu in it and you'll most probably find it solves the problem
Liam-Wilko

28th Jun 09 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i got a prob the lad who took the ECU out did not take the igniton barrel or the key out the car when i was scraped is there any way i can get the 16xe ECU to run from my key like geting my imobiliser ext maped on the the 1.6 or can i not get somthing to go on my ECU to make it run properly
spankyjames

28th Jun 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a x16xe ecu, chip and transponder for sale mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP PLEASE 24 database queries in 0.0103219 seconds