corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Michael Jackson's secret 200 songs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Michael Jackson's secret 200 songs
Ojc

User status: Offline
30th Jun 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The comparison with Jade Goody goes only as far as people jumping on the collective band wagon everytime someone dies.

The bold paragraph sums it all up nicely for me.

"there is a frighteningly substantial section of the population which grasps a celebrity death as an excuse for an open air festival of self-pity and self-indulgence."
Jambo

30th Jun 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

danny i still have the video!
Jambo

30th Jun 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont disagree with that at all. Its to be expected in England these days tbh
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jun 09 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
danny i still have the video!

I had it on video years ago, might still have it somewhere. Probably my fave film as a kid, I actually thought he could turn into a car.
Hammer

30th Jun 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
"there is a frighteningly substantial section of the population which grasps a celebrity death as an excuse for an open air festival of self-pity and self-indulgence."

There is but in this case there is a genuine outpouring of sadness that he's died, his music crossed several boundaries no one else did and broke down barriers.

There's also a frighteningly substanstial section of the population which grasps a celebrity death as an excuse to moan about the open air festival of self-pity and self-indulgence. It's cool to moan these days
AndyKent

30th Jun 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

There is but in this case there is a genuine outpouring of sadness that he's died, his music crossed several boundaries no one else did and broke down barriers.

There's also a frighteningly substanstial section of the population which grasps a celebrity death as an excuse to moan about the open air festival of self-pity and self-indulgence. It's cool to moan these days

I agree in both cases. The Jade Goody thing was bloody rediculous, but I think the difference here is that a (relative) minority went into hysteria when she died and the rest of the population commented on how pathetic it was, whereas Jackson did a hell of a lot for music and I don't imagine theres many people (mattk excluded) that hasn't enjoyed one of his songs at some point.
mwg

30th Jun 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Moonwalker the movie was fucking brilliant, anybody else watch it as a kid?

Yeah that was brilliant. I had totally forgotten all about it till you mentioned it. It must of been on the TV at some point as I remember it being recorded on a VHS I had
taylorboosh

30th Jun 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Moonwalker the movie was fucking brilliant, anybody else watch it as a kid?

Yeah that was brilliant. I had totally forgotten all about it till you mentioned it. It must of been on the TV at some point as I remember it being recorded on a VHS I had

vhs those where the days, a bit sticky tape over the hole so you cound re-use them haha
Dione J

30th Jun 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police say michael jacksons death could b suspicious, there currently looking 4 a smooth criminal, he could b black or white but he's definitely bad & Dangerous.

They got fingerprints off the wall & they say there was a man in the mirror, so he has to be there.

They would like ben & billy jean 2 come forward but they don't wanna be starting something, police say they don't stop till they get enough as they found blood on the dance floor, its going 2 b a tough case but they will beat it.

Police say its a real thriller.

M2RTY

30th Jun 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadave1
if someone likes drum n bass or techno (music MJ hasn't influenced) then im sure they could find his music sh1te, vxr maybe you should get off your high horse and stop being the forum police.

i listen to 1xtra all week and yes the dnb djs were highly influenced by MJ.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jun 09 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dione J
Police say michael jacksons death could b suspicious, there currently looking 4 a smooth criminal, he could b black or white but he's definitely bad & Dangerous.

They got fingerprints off the wall & they say there was a man in the mirror, so he has to be there.

They would like ben & billy jean 2 come forward but they don't wanna be starting something, police say they don't stop till they get enough as they found blood on the dance floor, its going 2 b a tough case but they will beat it.

Police say its a real thriller.

You're 2 days late mate.

[Edited on 30-06-2009 by DannyB]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Michael Jackson's secret 200 songs 23 database queries in 0.4194291 seconds