corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quad bikes

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quad bikes
J da Silva

User status: Offline
6th Jul 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seen a very nasty accident involving a quad bike and a 9 year old once, to cut a long story short, the power of the quad was too strong for him (pretty thick set little kid too), he hit a hump in a field and it threw him about 15 feet forward, resulting in a cracked skull, broken mandible, and cheekbone, and a dislocated shoulder. I personally wouldn't allow it.
sand-eel

6th Jul 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was it a 600cc or something?
J da Silva

6th Jul 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it was more the contours of the place it was driven on and the hardness of the surface he fell on.
He got his dislocated shoulder from the shape he fell, he got everything else because the quad roll over him.

[Edited on 06-07-2009 by J da Silva]
chloe16v

6th Jul 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the place where they would be riding is flat, and the speed would be no more than walking pace at first
J da Silva

6th Jul 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, well it's upto you, I was under the impression it would be something a bit quicker.
chloe16v

6th Jul 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no the bike would be restricted
Cosmo

6th Jul 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

restricted to walking pace?

Why you even asking this question then? Its like asking if you should get them one of those crappy electric vehicle things from toys r us as they go about the same speed.
J da Silva

6th Jul 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Head?
Phi

6th Jul 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
restricted to walking pace?

Why you even asking this question then? Its like asking if you should get them one of those crappy electric vehicle things from toys r us as they go about the same speed.

thats why i posted those child ones up, then the child can have a go on it, and get used to it, the child might not even like it.... then if they are seriouse about riding them and looks like they can actuall ride it and is good at it, then save up and buy a bigger one in a years time for it or somthing.....
sand-eel

6th Jul 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she said no more than walking speed ">AT FIRST<"
Phi

6th Jul 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly get a childs one, then let the child learn how to use it properly then progress on to somthing with a little bit more power .
sand-eel

6th Jul 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why though just a waste of money, when the first one can be restricted anyway and when they get used to that, turn up the boost.
DizzyRebel

6th Jul 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Personal preference mate. I'd rather know my kids were safe than be sorry.

As i've said, Chloe is their mother!

Not that im telling you how to be a father, but cotton wooling up kids isnt going to keep them safe forever. They are as likely to hurt themselves on a quad or pw50 as they are to fall down the stairs or run out infront of traffic.

Teach them control in a flat feild at an early age and they will only go as fast as they feel comfortable doing. It took my nephew a while to get his speed up but now at the age of 7 id say hes a more competant driver and rider than a lot of my mates at 21 are and im not bullshitting you.

chloe16v

6th Jul 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone heard of this company before? it doesnt give you an address as to where they are. http://www.fastbuggies.co.uk/acatalog/Contact_Us.html
Wrighty

6th Jul 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cb87
at the rear of my nans house there is a field that is used alot by off road bikers, my son is 5 in a couple of weeks and my daughter will be 6 august, now i have thought about buying them a quad bike to use in the field but dont know if they would be too young yet, obv i wouldnt lket them use it on there own there would always be some one on the back of them, but what are your thoughts? would you say they are too young?

unless its 100% legal for people to ride there and you have the permission to ride on it id say dont even bother

i rode motocross bikes from age 5 to age 16 and know how strongly real motocrossers and off-road bikers feel about illegal riders coz they just get places shut down and spoil it for the rest of them that spend all their hard earned on their hobby

ps quads are more dangerous then bikes, get them on bikes..but only if your gonna do it properly

sand-eel

6th Jul 09 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is another company in oxford with 02081 number.
chloe16v

6th Jul 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should i be worried that there is no address and it looks like they dont do pick ups only delivery?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quad bikes 23 database queries in 0.1682050 seconds