corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Pre-Season Training

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pre-Season Training
Danny P

User status: Offline
8th Jul 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Sunday team starts Pre-Season training on Sunday, but im away the next too weekends so wont be able to attend (Gutted ) However, I dont want to go back and be the un-fittest cunt in the squad so im going to do training alone during the week.

I've been doing some jogging over the summer to keep up with it a little, but mainly just distance stuff which is OK, but as Football is more about short bursts I reckon I should start working on that a bit.

Got a few things like Shuttle Runs between the Goal line, 6 Yards, Pen spot and 18 yards. Laps of the pitch sprinting different halfs on each side then jogging the rest.

Guessing Jizzy & Nik will be used to this kind of thing as they have played a quite a decent standard from what I can gather. Any tips lads?
jim_r1

9th Jul 09 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do 3 sets of 10x50 metre sprints with 1 min gaps between each 50 metres and 5 min gabs between sets. Cant get anywhere near that atm but i hope to be able to finish it before the season starts.

Never done any long distance jogging etc. pre season or even in the season as i just hate jogging. However i think it depends what position you play to how you structure your training.
Carl

9th Jul 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do plenty of jogging (or try to) then on Sundays we end up sprint up a killer hill a couple of times and play plenty of football. I think playing football is a good way of getting fit for playing football, just make sure you put the effort in and don't hide.
Richie B

9th Jul 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just joined a team for the first time (never bothered myself) and we did 25 mins of shuttles within the 2 sessions so far that involved accumulating 10 press ups, 9 sit ups and so forth down to 1 after each 5 shuttle runs.

Never done so many in my life

[Edited on 09-07-2009 by Richie B]
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be ok giving you advice Danny, I've just started walking on a treadmill at 5mph.
Danny P

9th Jul 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds like my kind of training TBH
jim_r1

9th Jul 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I think playing football is a good way of getting fit for playing football, just make sure you put the effort in and don't hide.

I couldnt disagree more, I found trying to get fit this way made me become a lazy player and was a big detrement to my performance, however each to their own.
J da Silva

9th Jul 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best way to training to be able to do a full game and still be able to walk afterwards is...

Plenty of drill excercises, all the commonly known ones.
Do some jogging, and cardio work.

For me I had to do a lot of gym work as regards my upper body strength, as the position I play requires me to be quite strong and tough to be able to just nudge a defender out the way to shield the ball or run past him.
nik

10th Jul 09 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My pre season started early last week - had 5 sessions since and onto our first game tomorrow (I'm captain tomorrow )

I basically started my own training about 3 weeks after the season finished. A 10 minute interval training run on treadmill, 10 mins on upright bike, 10 on recline bike and 5 min sprint on the rower.

I have also been going out 2-3 evenings a week on a 30 min road run. Feel quite sharp now and we have about 4 weeks/7 friendlys before the season gets underway.
Carl

10th Jul 09 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jim_r1
quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I think playing football is a good way of getting fit for playing football, just make sure you put the effort in and don't hide.

I couldnt disagree more, I found trying to get fit this way made me become a lazy player and was a big detrement to my performance, however each to their own.

If you use it solely then yeah, but that would be daft. You can never get "match" fit though without a few matches so there is definitely some bonus's to it!
nik

10th Jul 09 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Carl. There is no substitute for the twists, turns, jumps etc in a match situation. Putting the miles in on the treadmill/road is well and good, but I always feel sharper after a few pre season games..
J da Silva

10th Jul 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I agree with Carl. There is no substitute for the twists, turns, jumps etc in a match situation. Putting the miles in on the treadmill/road is well and good, but I always feel sharper after a few pre season games..

Spot on, in a game you can just side step about for 5 minutes and then you'll need to burst into action in an intense burst, the only way to get fit fully, is to practice what you need to get fit at.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Pre-Season Training 24 database queries in 0.0075750 seconds