corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Would you do this?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you do this?
liamC

User status: Offline
15th Jul 09 at 03:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I would go crazy tbh!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/8150385.stm
Ste
Premium Member

15th Jul 09 at 03:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, but i would go to mars!

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Simon

15th Jul 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reminds me of that reality TV show they did on channel 5 ages ago. Where they convinced a bunch of people that they were on a shuttle going into space after some weeks training
Daimo B

15th Jul 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, what retards they were.

Would i sit in that tank? No.

Would I sit in a spaceship for 1.5 years to go to Mars....

Yes....
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jul 09 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noway would I do it, but damn I hope I get to live to see the day we send a man to mars, stuff like this excites me for some reason - the moon landings fascinate me and I'd love to see the space program pickup pace again once the economy sorts itself out.

We need another coldwar

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Leighton

15th Jul 09 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see why that is a good way of doing it, ok they have been in a cofind space for 3 months but not in zero gravity so they are not really testing how the body will react.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jul 09 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton
I dont see why that is a good way of doing it, ok they have been in a cofind space for 3 months but not in zero gravity so they are not really testing how the body will react.

It was a phsycological experiment.

One of the biggest questions about planning the crew for a possible Mars mission is what mixture of gender to take (if any), as a previous Russian experiment resulted in violent jealousy and attempted rape at one point

That's just an example - but they've got other stuff to worry about than the technological and medical restrictions first.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daimo B

15th Jul 09 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Noway would I do it, but damn I hope I get to live to see the day we send a man to mars, stuff like this excites me for some reason - the moon landings fascinate me and I'd love to see the space program pickup pace again once the economy sorts itself out.

We need another coldwar

Shuttle Launch live tonight on NASA TV. Only 10 or so launches left until the shuttle is de-comissioned

I'd rather see us build a base on the moon first. Sure the logistics of the base would require more than the ISS, but surley its a great place to have a real off world base?

I watch too much Stargate SG1/Atlantis
mwg

15th Jul 09 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

total recall
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jul 09 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

We need another coldwar

Shuttle Launch live tonight on NASA TV. Only 10 or so launches left until the shuttle is de-comissioned

I'd rather see us build a base on the moon first. Sure the logistics of the base would require more than the ISS, but surley its a great place to have a real off world base?

Yeah will be sad to see the shuttle go, I'm lucky enough to have seen a launch in the past and also got to see one of the shuttles (through a window ) a few days after it had landed - BBQ spaceship

I believe in the timeframe of 7 years, we went from getting a man into orbit (1962?) to getting a man to the moon, and back safely on the first attempt (1969). If that rate of development had continued, just think where we could have been now

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Leighton

15th Jul 09 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dose the "detalus" (SP) make that noise when they show it ?
Daimo B

15th Jul 09 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

We need another coldwar

Yeah will be sad to see the shuttle go, I'm lucky enough to have seen a launch in the past and also got to see one of the shuttles (through a window ) a few days after it had landed - BBQ spaceship

I believe in the timeframe of 7 years, we went from getting a man into orbit (1962?) to getting a man to the moon, and back safely on the first attempt (1969). If that rate of development had continued, just think where we could have been now

USA was more concerned about taking over all middle eastern countries.

Russia was more concerned about taking over the USA....

Now Europe are part of it, so we'll have to see. They haven't even announced a proper shuttle replacement yet, so thats gonna be another 10+ years at least

Shuttle was such an advancement, but since then, other than re-fitting the shuttle, we've not moved on much. Even the ISS has been up there for like 10-15 years now.

Countries are too busy spending money on defense and invading each other, but yeah if they had continued the research size as they did in the 60s and 70's, we'd be much closer to manned planet missions.

Propulsion is the issue, getting enough speed in space to get to places.

Even sunlight from distant super stars is only just reaching us, but the distance between us and the star is so far, there is a good chance the stars died a few hundred million years ago!!!! they dont exist anymore, its just the image of light is still only just getting to us its so far away.

We need that images of the stars showing how small we are right now
Daimo B

15th Jul 09 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Stargate? Dedalus? Promethius?
sxibeast

15th Jul 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aaah the pics in this thread! -->

http://www.c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=505184&page=1
Leighton

15th Jul 09 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Stargate? Dedalus? Promethius?

well they have both of them dont they, or they did till it got if a fight with the Ori and lost
got to love Sky 2
Daimo B

15th Jul 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have a few of both classes of battlecruiser yeah.

We're currently on the last SG1 series, where the Ori are using the super gate, this week.

I don't go home and watch it most nights at all.... I don;t know the story line, or then play my online space game at all either.

Honestly, im not a sci-fi geek at all

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/305/304960/Stargate_Ships.jpg

Ooooo space game ship list too...

http://www.eve-files.com/media/10/Ship_Chart_4096_With_Big_Names.jpg

Im in a Raven at the moment
Leighton

15th Jul 09 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a game DAM IT
M2RTY

15th Jul 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just stick some fit birds in there and ditch one of the guys for his body weight in coke....problem solved
Daimo B

15th Jul 09 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There is a game DAM IT

Stargate the online game is coming, as is Star Trek online.

I play EVE-ONLINE though, have to pay per month, but like WOW i guess, it can take over your life.. I make sure it doesn't lol, but some people are on a there all day, its their lives. I think you get that far you gotta be ouber geek.

I get...

Crew: "get a mic if your serious about playing this game, you need to spend some hardcore time"
Me: Well its a game, im as serious about PLAYING a GAME as one should be, im no cyber gamer geek you know, there is a real world outside too

Some mega ouber geeks. Makes me feel better
Tom

15th Jul 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"So next year another group of volunteers will enter the same cramped capsule and be sealed inside for a daunting 520 days - nearly a year and a half."

Yeah i'd waste a year and a half of my life for space experts to find out that I could watse a year and ahalf of my life
Marc

15th Jul 09 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

520 days
C2RL R

15th Jul 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a fucking chance i'd go to Mars or even the moon. the thought of space fascinates me but it scares the crap out of me too.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jul 09 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the danger aspect of it which interests and fascinates me so much. When the russians got the first man into orbit, they had no idea what so ever what effects the low gravity would have on his body, he could have died immediately for all they knew.

With the moon landings there is no rescue plan at all in the event that the guys get stuck on the moons surface or in a moon orbit - it was true pioneering

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Would you do this? 24 database queries in 0.0138030 seconds