corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Corsa B 2.0 16v C20XE Red Top Coilovers...

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Corsa B 2.0 16v C20XE Red Top Coilovers...
N_R_J

User status: Offline
26th Jul 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - Vauxhall
Model - Corsa B
Engine - 2.0 16v
Mileage - 98k
Price - £1200

Location - (same as my profile)
Contact phone number -
Contact email address - nrjvaux@hotmail.com (best to 2u2)

General information -

This is for my 2.0 16v engined Corsa,

This Corsa has had a full red top engine conversion, it was done using a full kit of proper engine mounts, also used are motorsport hubs, these are the big block hubs as fitting to larger engine models, this is for added strength, also I have added an equal length driveshaft to help remove the torque steer these conversions produce.

The C20XE engine fitted is an excellent example, it pulls very well indeed, has no noises, just done an oil/filter change using genuine Vauxhall items, also replaced the spark plugs, and fuel filter on the Corsa, the engine has an ecotec hose and plate conversion done and has an induction kit fitted, k&n style with blue samco silicone hose. The gearbox is a F20 gearbox. Also fitted to the engine is a Roose Motorsport silicone hose kit for coolant /breathers etc… not all the hoses are fitted, if ive time I will fit them, if not they will be in a box in the boot. The engine has the rocker cover painted blue and the L shaped spark plug cover is standard red. The engine has the small V belt pulleys fitted so no worries about rubbing on the chassis leg. The engine is the early version with the distributor.

The Corsa itself is a 3dr hatchback model, it has a sunroof, central locking electric windows, electric mirrors fitted. The bodywork is decent, obviously not mint as the car over ten years old, it is not rusty though but it does have some stone chips is pin dents in the bodywork. The paint is black, I think its black sapphire. The wheel arch mouldings have been painted the same colour as the car. The Corsa has
non standard 15” alloys, they are from an Astra Gsi, the tyres are 195/50/15 Bridgestone tyres all round, they tyres are excellent and have performed very well.

The suspension is a full coil over conversion, it is the expensive RSX adjustable kit for various stiffness and ride height. The brakes have been up rated as well and are the Astra/Cavalier Gsi 256mm kit. The grill have been replaced with a honeycomb style grill. The instrument cluster on the speedo and rev sections have white dials. There are chrome bonnet lifters fitted under the bonnet , look decent and aid function.

The interior is in good condition, no rips in the seats nor is the drivers seat bolster worn through, the centre trim and digital display trims have been sprayed silver, was like this when I bought it and I have unpainted sections available in the boot ready for replacement. The parcel shelf has holes cut in it.

The car has PAS power assisted steering fitted, and I have made and added an extra bracket to move away from the 4 branch manifold so it doesn’t rub, have also added a few extra layers of heat shield just in case. The battery is a new genuine Vauxhall item.

The MOT runs till 2010
The tax runs out 2010

The mileage on the Corsa is 98k, I am unsure what mileage the engine is.

I bought this as my track car and planned on doing a full conversion but as its fast anyway I didn’t bother to remove the interior for now, I took around Castle Combe for a few sessions and the car performed excellent, the suspension was perfect, handled brilliant, even the brakes were great and didn’t fade at all and they were new back then and unbed in. I don’t really want to sell but moving house and have bought a boring car to use everyday instead of this.

I have recently replaced one of the front wheel bearings and both the lower wishbone end ball joints.

The rest of the pics can be found here:
http://img44.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=corsaxe001.jpg

£1200, based near Portsmouth, Hampshire

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Corsa B 2.0 16v C20XE Red Top Coilovers... 25 database queries in 0.0055721 seconds