corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Swapping headlight lens?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Swapping headlight lens?
Root

User status: Offline
30th Jul 09 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i read the tutorial on here about making standard headlights look like depos.

I have some angel eyes but some idiot at some point has put nice wield marks on them and they also have some pressure cracks.
Really I'm the idiot because I paid £50 for them without seeing pics of the damage, I thought it'd clean off as at the time the guy described them as 'marked'.

Is it possible to use the plastic lenses off my standard lights on my angel eyes? How easy is this to do? thanks

[Edited on 30-07-2009 by Root]
random dav
Premium Member

30th Jul 09 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the covers look the same, ie, both clear lenses, I can't see a problem. Put some pics up of both sets and that will help.

WRLFC !

Project cars
Root

30th Jul 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers, yeah they look the same...and they must be the same dimensions to fit...so I'm giving it a go now, the old lights are in the bath, haha
Root

30th Jul 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well I give it a go, boiling water from the kettle in the bath on both lights, the glue was still strong so I took a hammer to the black plastic bit (my old lights), still can't get the glue off and I've broken one headlight so I'm thinking of just buying new headlights, maybe depos. lol
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

30th Jul 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure angel lights are slightly flatter on the bottom i may be wrong,

yea diy depos etc are a badger mate, i went thru a couple of lights to do mine, just gotta be patient, i used a hair dryer, steak knife, stanley knife to cut at the glue and a butter knife to pry the glass away gently
Root

30th Jul 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scaron5188
sure angel lights are slightly flatter on the bottom i may be wrong,

yea diy depos etc are a badger mate, i went thru a couple of lights to do mine, just gotta be patient, i used a hair dryer, steak knife, stanley knife to cut at the glue and a butter knife to pry the glass away gently

I realised that standard headlights have that "bumpy" effect on the inside and my angels are completely clear so they'll look shit anyway

New Poll