corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Section 59

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Section 59
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
31st Jul 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dean101287
Still no need to tailgate tbh. Its not as iff a normal person is going to pull over and let your through because your stuck to his rear bumper. If anything more people are going to slam the brakes on so you go into the back of them. That way they get (1) an insurance claim off you and (2) Compensation off you for "whiplash"

I had some guy tailgating me in a vectra a while ago. I was doing bang on 30 mph. He was right on my bumper so I came off the gas and dropped my speed. He dropped off a bit so i put my foot back on the gas, he decided to overtake and drive like a bellend, hit a bump in the road while going around a bend, spun out and went into the front off someones house.

10 out of 10 for the made up tailgating story

did the polie investigate your driving manner? as if it was me in the vectra id report you for causing the accident then leaving the scene.
3lfz

31st Jul 09 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Still no need to tailgate tbh. Its not as iff a normal person is going to pull over and let your through because your stuck to his rear bumper. If anything more people are going to slam the brakes on so you go into the back of them. That way they get (1) an insurance claim off you and (2) Compensation off you for "whiplash"

I had some guy tailgating me in a vectra a while ago. I was doing bang on 30 mph. He was right on my bumper so I came off the gas and dropped my speed. He dropped off a bit so i put my foot back on the gas, he decided to overtake and drive like a bellend, hit a bump in the road while going around a bend, spun out and went into the front off someones house.

10 out of 10 for the made up tailgating story

did the polie investigate your driving manner? as if it was me in the vectra id report you for causing the accident then leaving the scene.

Causing an accident how? Because he was too stupid to overtake in a safe place? No need for that comment really.
Nic Barnes

31st Jul 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

overtook. then hit a bump in the road going round a bend. doesnt mention it wasnt a safe place to over take?

should have moved out of the way, thus not causing the accident in the first place.
3lfz

31st Jul 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generally round a bend isn't too safe to overtake anyway, and why would you move out of the way of some dick thats tailgating.
Nic Barnes

31st Jul 09 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3lfz
Generally round a bend isn't too safe to overtake anyway, and why would you move out of the way of some dick thats tailgating.

so it doesnt cause an accident?
3lfz

31st Jul 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Technically yes it does, as they have to go round them, but it would be their own fault, therefore, they caused the accident.
dean101287

31st Jul 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can 100% garantee that was true nic. Why would I make up a story on the net? I have nothing to gain?

It was quite strange as he could not have been going any more that 50mph by that time because I turned left just after he overtook me. Only later found out what happened. Im pretty sure it was raining (was quite a long time ago) the road kind of flows to the right after the left turning I took and there was a sort of bump in the road. Its not there anymore because they have built an asda and put a junction there with alot of lights

But believe what you want but again, why would i lie? The lad will do what he wants, i have to reason to want to stop him other than his own benifit.

[Edited on 31-07-2009 by dean101287]
Nic Barnes

31st Jul 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I can 100% garantee that was true nic. Why would I make up a story on the net? I have nothing to gain?

It was quite strange as he could not have been going any more that 50mph by that time because I turned left just after he overtook me. Only later found out what happened. Im pretty sure it was raining (was quite a long time ago) the road kind of flows to the and there was a sort of bump in the road. Its not there anymore because they have built an asda and put a junction there with alot of lights

But believe what you want but again, why would i lie? The lad will do what he wants, i have to reason to want to stop him other than his own benifit.

yeah sorry for what i wrote.
dean101287

31st Jul 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its ok, I forgive you, everyone has an opinion
alan-g-w

31st Jul 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

That has nothing to do with the thing he described - you were going the speed limit, the guy he was tailgating wasn't. That makes the difference with me anyway.

If some stupid arsehole is going 20mph in a 30 limit in front of me they're getting tailgated, but not to the extent that I'll crash if they slam the brakes. Speed limits are usually too low for the roads anyway so it's common decency to at least go what the signs say.

Nothing to do with what he said? It was about tailgating and he was tailgating? The guy obviosly thought I was going too slow so there seems to be alot of simularities to me

As said, if you're going the speed limit it makes the difference. Blow the sand out of your fanny.

[Edited on 31-07-2009 by alan-g-w]
dean101287

31st Jul 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF are you on about? Tailgating is still the same no matter what speed they are going. It doesnt make it right because the car in front is going 25 in a 30 or doing the speed limit.
alan-g-w

31st Jul 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, you're not using any sense here. I know you don't NEED to go 30 in a 30, or 40 in a 40, but if I'm on a single lane road with nowhere to overtake and some unaware wank decides to slow me down I'm going to try and speed them up. Sometimes I just go up their arse for a couple of seconds or flash the main beam.

Try and say you wouldn't get someone to speed up if they were going 30 in a 40 if you were in a rush to get somewhere. I think most people would do something.
dean101287

31st Jul 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its anoying as fuck being behind someone doing 20 in a 30, but I know that if someone was on my rear bumper flashing I wouldnt speed up, so therfore I wouldnt do it to someone else, and before anyone starts with the "your an angel" comment its not that at all, it just I dont think sticking to someones bumper will actually make them speed up
dean101287

31st Jul 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO
Nic Barnes

31st Jul 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it just I dont think sticking to someones bumper will actually make them speed up

either that or they move out the way. i have found this out being a van driver.
Lynny

1st Aug 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
especially when stuck behind someone going so slow for no reason,

i understand your frustration, but in all fairness, he probably had good reason, looking for someone, checking out address/cars, on radio getting information (yes this is legal when driving before someone says it). Cops dont just drive slow for a laugh, especially when we're out in the IRT's etc, youre going slowly because youre looking for something. I appreciate it was an unmarked, but had it been marked, would you have held back patiently?

and as for the paperwork, HO/RT1, VDRS, sec 59 isnt alot
lostboy
Banned

1st Aug 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got one of these not long ago (In all honesty I did nothing wrong, Car was parked up and engine was off, Long story) The section 59 is on the vehicle for 12 months and on you for 24 hours, So don't get caught doing anything stupid on it for 24 hours then sell.
Root

1st Aug 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
I appreciate it was an unmarked, but had it been marked, would you have held back patiently?

and as for the paperwork, HO/RT1, VDRS, sec 59 isnt alot

of coarse, lol. I know but it seemed it at the time as I came with none, lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Section 59 23 database queries in 0.0143960 seconds