corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sleepless nights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sleepless nights
jibjob

User status: Offline
31st Jul 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tonight is another prime example of how i cant sleep even though ive been awake for ages and i have work in 5hours.

I dont know what it is but i can never sleep. I can get into bed and spend hours just lying there and i dont sleep. I know its not my sleep patterns as for years ive been getting up relatively early but even after being awake for sometimes over 20hours i just cant sleep.

Does anyone know if this is just me and the way i am or could it maybe be something a bit more serious like maybe insomnia?

Also does anyone know of a way i can get to sleep without having to rely on sleep pills?

It might sound daft but when im getting an hour of sleep a night it makes my life hell as i just feel like shit all the time im awake
Colin

31st Jul 09 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im like that just now, I work 12hr shifts on a 14/14 - 14/28 basis & when im home I cant sleep right, just dont feel tired when I should then laze around all day because ive got nothing to do, its a vicious cycle!!
Richardhhha

31st Jul 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tryed reading a book, its always helped me get to sleep, as i used to be up till gone 4am every night and be at work by 8:30 having to fix cars

another ting that helped me is to get some lavinder oil and put it on a hanky and place it inside your pillow, lavander is a relaxing smell and puts me right to sleep
jibjob

31st Jul 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill give the lavender and book one a go tonight and see how i get on but any ideas and ill try a different one each night and see how i get on
Richardhhha

1st Aug 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm its difficult really... are you at all anxious about anything thats happened or going to happen?
ed

1st Aug 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I have more than a can of coke in a day I can't sleep. I've had 3 glasses today and I'll be awake for a while. Weird
nick_sri

1st Aug 09 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a hot bath and a fresh set of bed sheets etc does it for me
jibjob

1st Aug 09 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah thats the thing ive read up on how stress can cause it but im the happiest ive been in a long while. Ye there are a few things that stress me out but i wouldnt say its enough to make me worry and lose sleep.

I dont drink fizzy drinks for a few hours before i go bed and stay away from sugar so im not quite sure whats going on.
Richardhhha

1st Aug 09 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate things that arnt really that big a deal when your awake can bugger you up when your trying to sleep.. i am having sleepless nights atm coz im worrying about how im gona be as a dad and the fact i cant support my familie (ressesion seriously sucks atm for me) all can be factors
jibjob

1st Aug 09 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i understand what youre saying mate but the only real thing is i hate my job but i just get on with it and other than that i dont really have any problems.

is it possible to miss your girlfriend/partner/fiancee that much that when you dont sleep with them at night you just cant sleep? thats about the only thing i can think of. when my girlfriend stays over i seem to fall asleep a lot quicker
Richardhhha

1st Aug 09 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when me and my partner are appart i cant sleep at all so yes its totaly possable..
its one o them it dont feel right moments and thats it no sleep
jibjob

1st Aug 09 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh so its not just me! thought i was getting a bit too feminine for a moment then! i supose im going to have to try something to get to sleep as im now meant to be in work in 4 and a half hours
chloe16v

1st Aug 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont sleep untill my fella gets in at 4.30am i worry to much about him when hes at work (he had a bad accident afew years ago at work)
Richardhhha

1st Aug 09 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriousl note.. (im gona get raped by peeps i know) have you ever thought, get one of her tops and wrap it over a pillow.. i know it sounds gay to some people but it helps when you miss them
scottyp1989

1st Aug 09 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
mate things that arnt really that big a deal when your awake can bugger you up when your trying to sleep.. i am having sleepless nights atm coz im worrying about how im gona be as a dad and the fact i cant support my familie (ressesion seriously sucks atm for me) all can be factors

this is the same reason i cant sleep at the min + will be moving out soon to new house
Richardhhha

1st Aug 09 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got the fun of having to cope with the misses um being a controlling biach. canny do anything right keep getting told im gona be a crap dad because i didnt do the wasing up.. think she'll be missed if she (accdently) falls down the stairs??
scottyp1989

1st Aug 09 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
i got the fun of having to cope with the misses um being a controlling biach. canny do anything right keep getting told im gona be a crap dad because i didnt do the wasing up.. think she'll be missed if she (accdently) falls down the stairs??

thats prety harsh to be fair, i now if someone told me that while i was expectin my kid it would wind me up so bad they wouldnt want to stay aroung for long after they said it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sleepless nights 23 database queries in 0.0114188 seconds