corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » detaling advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author detaling advice
caseboy

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spent hours cleanin my car 2day washed clayed polished waxed the full works but i have black plastic bumpers i normaly use autoglim bumper care but dosen seem to be shiny and dark enough for me so i tyed boot polish a mate sugested still not wot im after wot should i use
wot do the pros use ?
LukeD

2nd Aug 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

peanut butter to take the waxes out of the bumper trim.

Then use the megiures hot stuff tyre gel or some linseed oil.. and finish it off with a back to black bumper trim spray.
Rich H

2nd Aug 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how shiny you want it tbh!! The way to make it ultra shiny is usually via a silicone based dressing.

I personally use couple of different ones from Autosmart but they're more of a satin finish.

Maybe try something like Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel - that's about the shiniest one I found before.

As with any dressing though, allow to soak into the trim for around 30 minutes, then buff off to remove any excess - it helps to prevent the dressing from streaking at the first sign of moisture
caseboy

2nd Aug 09 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just want it to look like new as the arches are black but have some white staining . were is the best place to get this stuff from
Rich H

2nd Aug 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the white staining from previous polishing / waxing efforts? If so they will need removing first. This can usually be done using a rubber or some weak all purpose cleaner and a toothbrush.

Chemical Guys NLTG is available from various places. I'd probably suggest direct from Chemical Guys UK: http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/TRIM_AND_TIRE_SHINE_EXTREME_WET_SHINE_DRESSING_p/newlkk.htm

is also good one tyres etc

New Poll