corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tax my bike

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tax my bike
dannymccann

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently untaxed, I didnt know and have been riding about on it this morning

Should I just buy it online or go to the DVLA office in town, as I need to hand in a V5 anyway for my RS. Would they be a little bit pissed off if I turned up on an untaxed bike, even though I am going to tax it while im there?
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Aug 09 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would they know if it's parked outside?
pow
Premium Member

3rd Aug 09 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to the Post Office do it there
dannymccann

3rd Aug 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But pow i need to go to DVLA anyway and cant be arsed to go across town, have work at 1230? Thats what im thinking Brett, by the time ive bought the disc it would be taxed....?
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Aug 09 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get a certain period to renew anyway. I was driving round for 4days untaxed recently and nothing came of it.
Davidkent

3rd Aug 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That 'certain period' isn't true.

Its how leniant the police want to be.

There is no 'Grace' on Road tax.

If its a day out or a Year out, its untaxed.

DVLA should be fine with it.
If you're happy riding it there, then they don't know the bike isn't at home anyway.

That, or do it online tonight - That means you're covered straight away - Just keep the reciept you can print off with you
strick206

3rd Aug 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The dvla sent my mum a sorn form saying thanks for declaring your car sorn, she wrote back saying it has never been declared sorn, just transferred to a private reg

5 months later my dad was washing the car for her and noticed a tax disk 4 months out of date

She just went to the post office and taxed it, nothing come of it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tax my bike 23 database queries in 0.2778451 seconds